Cdl testing requirements?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Ugminer, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Ugminer

Ugminer Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2020
    In January is it a new law that for anyone who getting a new cdl must take a 3 week course? As opposed to company paying someone $300 for there driver to go take test? An hope they pass on first try? Sorry if it dont make sense

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    in all honesty, i have not heard this.

4. Ugminer

Apr 1, 2020
    Thanks cause i was curious. i never heard it either, an i couldnt find anything on it. Company telling us we need to get by January, if not its a new law to where have to go to a 3 week class. An the cost was gonna be like $6000.

5. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Perhaps this is what you’re talking about..

Beginning February 7, 2022, all entry-level operators of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) in both interstate and intrastate commerce who are applying for a commercial driver's license (CDL) must first satisfactorily complete minimum training requirementsbefore taking their state-administered CDL examination.

http://www.prepassalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/PP_WhitePaper_DriverTraining_20200204.pdf

6. Ugminer

Apr 1, 2020
    Id say thats what it is thanks.

7. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    you've never needed to complete a school to get a CDL, however you would need to actually know how to drive etc plus have or have access to a truck/trailer for the test. Now, getting hired by a carrier without schooling is a different story. They are the one's that think a 160 hour school is the answer, or, actually their insurance carriers. So it looks like our heavenly senators or congressmen are coming up with a "new" rule, that being, complete a school before you can test for a CDL ! Have fun out there !

8. Ugminer

Apr 1, 2020
    Thanks i just work for a company in agriculture. Want us go get class a, use their trucks an all that. Thing about it is ill probably never drive with them. They just want us to have them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.