Celadon drug test?!

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by Garlicbread56, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Colorato

Colorato Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2011
    There getting ready to open there own driving school. I don't think there against hiring students.

2. USIT420

USIT420 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Depends, I spose. The last three screens that I took all consisted of urine AND follicle testing, which goes back further than urine.

3. crabcracker

crabcracker Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2013
    They do take students but you actually have to pick up the phone and call to find out. The website says 6mos experience however. Pretty clever on their part I think

4. txshortbread

txshortbread Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2013
    just left Celadon April 26th.They did start their school in Indianapolis.They are also building new dorms for the students.I was with them 2yrs 1mo. My first 8 mo was a dream. Then the planners start screwing up/we lost contracts,so they started buying up companies just so they could lock into the contracts.I hated i had to leave due to my runs never getting over 250 as i was grandfathered into the vacation bonus which no company offers. I loved my driver manager as well , but all she could really do was send messages to planners for more miles. I also lost a lot of miles putting loads on a train. My final straw was the load assignment that was given to me in response to a plea for more miles. 101 deadhead 86 loaded to the Chicago rail yard bound for Ft Worth.I'm not one to job hop and i hung on for 1yr 4mo after the great first 8mo. Celadon loves the 18 cent rail and their Jaguar fleet(mexican fleet) at 22 cents.They found the loop hole to get around inter commerce with Jaguar. They let Jag run loads out of the Laredo terminal to the Indy term @ 22 and have me pickup @ Indy to finish the last 150 or so in the US or 340 if going to Canada.In 2012 Celadon sent me into Canada 35 times.They pay $20 to cross one way.Just my 2 cents from this end!!

5. Garlicbread56

Garlicbread56 Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2013
    United States of America
    How are you treated as a company diver? How Long is their school? How long is training? Do they allow idlin or have an APU? Transflo or trippak? Dispatchers rude or nice? Hometime good or bad? Pay? Training pay? Physical besides dot one?

Btw I have been clean for 6 + months and I am not touching it ever again I wasn't an addict like every1 automatically assumes! I just was stupid and did it recreationally... I really wanna get my CDL so that's what I'm trying to do the open road calls to me . Because I'm aloner and have no so called family besides my wonderful boyfriend! Who's 100% supportive!

6. Garlicbread56

Mar 12, 2013
    United States of America
    "You should never judge a book by its cover!" Not without knowing the full story don't ever Assume some one is an addict because they ask about drug tests!

P.S not bein rude just stating an opinion! Not being deffensive either!

7. superpet39

superpet39 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area, Ca
    Right on!!!!!! Good luck!!!!

8. txshortbread

txshortbread Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2013
    re: Lease drivers and o/o are treated better.But this is the norm.I think it's one week school and 6 weeks w/a trainer(4weeks u drive/and u team the last 2 weeks).All trucks have Apu w/ a voltage meter.If your truck gets down to 12 volts ur truck will turn on automatically.Celadon uses Transflo scan and Tripak scan only(no mailing).If you hav a computer/scanner in truck, you can download the Pegasus software and scan from truck or home. All paper work scanned in b4 midnight on Tues pays that friday.they also email ur breakdown of pay,but only give net and gross on the qualcomm. Home time is the average 7 days out for 1 unpaid day off. They bank your days off.There is no cap here.Depending on ur driver manager and how well u play ball will depend on if they make you clean ur truck out if taking more than 7 days off at a time.i use to take up to 10 and Beth never ask me to clean out my truck.But keep in mind i had a very good working relationship w/ my DM. My experiences with DMs who where not mine were not that good..Celadon puts too many drivers on their own fleets.My DM had 65 drivers on her fleet.She answered 500 phone calls a day and answered over 1000 qualcom messages.This tends to make people cranky.As far as pay for a student ANYWHERE including Celadon is never going to be good.In any industry you never start at the top! But if you have to get your foot in the door i would recommend Celadon as a place to start.Their headquarters are in Indianapolis,In w/ terminals in Laredo,Tx Waxahachie,Tx Drums,PA Carlisle,PA Columbus,OH Hampton,VA Richmond,VA Kitchener,ON and Knoxville,TN. Then they have drop yards all over the place. Most of their drop yards do not allow overnight parking because we share these locations.West Memphis,AR is the exception.If your boyfriend is interested keep in mind team drivers make alot more and have priority dispatch.Good luck..Call Terri Polar in recruiting, she was mine and i would go see her every time I was in Indy.She never lied to me,,and regardless of the good and bad i can respect that ....I have found that the economy has a lot to do with us drivers,so its gonna be what its gonna be.

9. Garlicbread56

Mar 12, 2013
    United States of America
    How much is their schooling? Do I need any upfront money? Driver what's ur name and truck number I'm going to call her?! Are u still employed there? What's their physical like?!

10. dalazdayz

dalazdayz Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2012
    fayetteville,nc
    txshortbread your 100% on the money right here i work for celadump for two years and what you have said really sums it up

• Draft saved Draft deleted