celadon--how many miles per week???

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by betterroad, Aug 12, 2008.

1. betterroad

betterroad Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2008
    oklahoma
    I'd like to hear from celadon solo's and teams, how many miles per week are you getting? Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. honor roll

honor roll Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
  4. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    My hubby gets 2500 to 3000 a week with them.

5. betterroad

Jul 18, 2008
    oklahoma
    Ok, thank you. But what I'd really like to hear is actual week-by-week miles, from the drivers. I'd even like to hear from drivers other than celadon. I'm just curious to know if celadon really does have more "slow" periods than other companies?

6. betterroad

Jul 18, 2008
    oklahoma
    Has anyone heard anything about celadon putting camera's inside the trucks??? We stopped for fuel in Arizona, while I got stuck pumping the fuel, hubby went to visit another celadon driver a few pumps over. When hubby told me that celadon is now putting camera's in the trucks, I asked "did you actually see the camera?" I didn't believe it. It's a black box on the window near the prepass, it as a light on it and an antannae. The driver said it has two camera's, one inside, and one outside. That's all I know about it.

truckinwva Thanks this.
  7. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    My hubby hasn't heard anything about cameras in the trucks. My hubby's miles are anywhere from 2500 to 3000 per week or a little over. The lowest week he had was his first week, and that was because it wasn't a full week, but about 4 days. He gets his resets in when he needs them, and he runs completely legal all the time. He doesn't leave until tomorrow morning, but his DM already has him assigned on a load. Sorry, but I'm not going to print out his pay stubs and give you a week by week listing! Too much work!

8. honor roll

honor roll Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
    My hubby's truck doesn't have a camera and I was just at the Indy terminal and I did not see or hear about this

9. betterroad

Jul 18, 2008
    oklahoma
    This will probably be my last post regarding celadon. I sat down and figured out that in the last 3 months we'd been averaging about 4800 miles per week. For a team that is not good. Twice during August, celadon forced two solo drivers to give up there loads to us, need to keep the team barely moving.

When I finally made the decision to leave, celadon announced yet another take-over, something like a million more miles per month. Thought about hanging in, until some one pointed out that that equals an extra 250 miles per month per driver.

Celadon has a lot of wonderful people working there, I'm going to miss them, I will especially miss that volvo.

My advice to anyone considering celadon, is put on a celadon cap, walk into a terminal, pretend you belong and LISTEN to the drivers. Celadon USED to be a great company, with mostly happy drivers.

So, at the end of August we turned our volvo in, and moved on.

Life at the new company is so far so good.

1st paycheck almost $1100 before taxes (Friday to Tuesday, not a full week)

2nd pay check just over $2700 before taxes

3rd paycheck, just over $1500 (hit a deer, in shop for almost 3 days)

those numbers are total pay for a team, but just goes to show that money CAN be made out here! Just, unfortunately, not for very long at Celadon.

Good luck to all of you:biggrin_25519::biggrin_25519:

billsgirl Thanks this.
  10. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Celadon did a trial with several trucks with the cameras and found it to be a great training tool however we are not going further at this time by installing them on all trucks. I believe they have been removed from all trucks(I could be wrong)

But no we don't have cameras. However drivers should want the cameras on their trucks just incase something happens on the road.
    What if your in an accident and there is no way to prove you was not at fault so you get dinged for the accident. If you had the camera on the truck it would tell who was at fault for sure :)

Im tired:biggrin_25518:

11. poorrednek

poorrednek Left Lane Gang

Oct 23, 2008
    THE DRAFT VA
    i ran team over there for awhile did good bout 4000 to 4500 a week thats all we wanted so it was great for us. The only reason that we are not there right now is they have a policy if you are an owner op and sell, or lose or just get out of your truck you cant go company. That really upset both of us but what can you do i called my dm,recruiter and a few others to try to get around that rule but it did me no good.
    Over all i liked celadon alot and if it was possible i would be in indy back for class next monday

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.