Celadon Trucking Svc.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by NY Snowman, Aug 1, 2013.

1. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Seems when the truck broke down on your way to California it would have made more sense to have it towed to the celadon terminal in El Paso. Motels aren't cheap in Odessa and neither are the repairs and the international dealer in El Paso wouldn't have a thousand oil field trucks ahead of you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Delixemodel

Delixemodel Medium Load Member

May 1, 2012
    Belleview, FL
    Celadon didn't keep the Lakeland terminal... It's still owned by Watkins and used for there Sunco reefer division... They are planning on closing one of the two terminals in Lakeland eventually

4. MrMatt

MrMatt Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2013
    this is not completely true! the way celadon works. if you can't go to canada. then they really don't want you. I went to oreintation last march. before that. I work for them for 8 months. I got to the last day of orientation and decided that I have heard enough. and went home. the 8 months i did work there. it was pretty bad. do mostly to the truck breaking down every few days. and I was one of the company drivers.

if you can go to canada. from what i seen. those drivers were pulling in $1,000 to $1,200 a week gross. for those that can't go to canada. it's more like $550 to $700 gross. the truck i had broke down every few days. so I was only able to make $320 to $440 gross. celadon does or did have a craddle to grave policy on the trucks. so after orientation the truck you get is the truck you got. there are no trades no matter the mechanical state of the truck. so that is why i left the first time after 8 months. just couldn't deal with it anymore. so while i was in orientation this past march. the operations manager said, all over the road drivers must go to canada. once you try and you don't get in. they will never send drivers there again. after watching his body language. that meant they were going to fire the drivers that couldn't go to canada. are there some screwed up drivers at celadon? sure are. there are screwed up drivers at every trucking company.

so i imagine, if ny snowman would call and talk to the head of safety. and explain to him what happened. then i believe he will fix the problem with the dac.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.