Celadon ....

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Locdrjr, May 19, 2008.

1. Locdrjr

Locdrjr Light Load Member

May 19, 2008
    Eaton Rapids , MI
    I thought I was step up to a better company... hah hah on me, I was told to bring 7 days worth of clothes "we'll get you right back home on your 1st load to get your stuff" so I drove myself down to Indy on a Sunday and checked into my "room" on site started orientation the next morning and was finished 2 days later, but there were no trucks at this time , so we need you all to come back in the morning... at 7am we were asked for 10 people to transport new truck to Richmond VA -5 trucks , and Greensboro NC- 5 trucks, no trucks were available for assignment in a class of 63 people the other 53 would have to wait there to be "assigned" so I raised my hand and was picked to deliver a new truck to Richmond,, be back at noon to get the trucks and codes,,, no codes at noon...be back here at 4pm and we'll get you rolling...
    the 10 of us that rasied our hands got the trucks at 4pm with the codes to start them while doing my pre-trip I noticed that the License plate of the truck didn't match the registration , so off I go to permits who are gone for the day now, so the lead Mech. get it for me , I walk back to the truck and noticed it was the wrong truck Registration , go back , and i am told to wait until morning...
    So now it is Friday morning we get the paperwork all squared away, and I login the quallcomm and wait for a load to Richmond VA, after 3 hours of waiting I login stating I am going into the terminal building for lunch... 30 minutes later when I return to the truck there is messages waiting on the qualcomm they assigned me a load to MN and took it off me while I was eating, when I called my DM he told me just wait he'd get something for me... all afternoon I waited ,called twice was told "I'm working on it" by the DM... I finally login and leave a message I am going back inside will head out in the morning. OK.... I login Saturday morning at 06:00am ready to go, and wait , have lunch, and wait and wait... i go back inside have diner go back upstairs I find out there is me and one of the other 10 guys still here, plus most of the 53 others, Sunday I am told , wait until monday... Monday I finally get to move I bobtail up to Lafayette IN pick up a brand new trailer # wabash trailers go back down to Brownsburg IN and drop it there and pick up a load there headed to Dallas TX, I headed out and made it there 4 hrs early on Wednesday morning. Drop and hook and I was sent a load down in Waco TX headed up to MA which I was to drop in Richmond VA and pickup my permanent truck there.. Woohoo..
    Off I go to Waco I show up 6 hours early and the good poeple there take me early and I get to Drop and hook again.. Off I go back up, then East bound and down... into LA almost to Monroe.. then off to GA , then to VA and finally Richmond... then next morning , I am 5 and 1/2 hours early on Saturday.. drop the trailer and drive around the yard looking for MY truck, 3 trips around the yard , I don't see it no one in the shop, no one in the office, so I call Indy, "sorry we can't help you, you'll have to wait until Monday" so I wait all weekend , with no laundry facilities in the terminal I am start to get low on clean clothes, to find out on Monday that they had changed trucks on me, no message sent to me, no phone calls, and no word left at the gaurdshack there in Richmond... my new truck had been there all weekend,, So I transfered my almost all dirty clothes to the new truck and logged in to the qualcomm for a load assignment to get me home to pickup the rest of my stuff, got a load # about 10am to pickup an hour south at 11pm so I called to see if I could pick up early, and was told call back after 4:30PM that load is on 2nd shifts roster.. I called back and was told oh yeah come on down it is one of the 1st orders we are going to pull, I checked in at 5:45pm on site dropped my trailer and waited next to my "being Loaded" trailer , at 10:45pm I get the BOL and the seal , I drove back to Richmond and called it a night, left at 06:00 the next morning headed to Grand Rapids MI, I made it 670 mile to the other side of Akron OH and the truck started dying I was doing 25mph with the flashers going I limped it to the TA up the road to change the fuel filter per breakdown,, didn't help TA said something is wrong with the electrical.. I called it in breakdown needs the load transfered off to tow you to a dealership in Cleaveland OH so I sit in this TA with a truck which now doesn't idle in the snow for 22 hrs until the swap shows up Wednesday afternoon about 6 pm and the tow truck about an hour later I get to the frieghtliner shop and gather most of my stuff and headed to the only Comcheck friendly hotel the RedRoof inn and am told get an room and call us when the dealership knows something...
    this is Easter weekend... I sat there and had to order out for 8 days while I was told oh yeah get the room another day , your truck should be finished soon:tomorrow:in a day or so ,, ect... finally I got a phone call from my new DM , seems my old DM was fired and she was wondering if I still worked for Celadon because he had wrote down I quit back when the truck was towed... I called a cab went and got my other stuff from the truck which was not even being worked on and went to the Cleaveland airport , rented a car and drove home to Michigan, still haven't received the last check from Richmond to the breakdown... Celadon is a joke... I drove a total of 6 days (3041 miles) out of 25 with the company

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. honor roll

honor roll Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
    All companies have their bad problems My hubby left Celadon but is back with them because grass isn't always greener on the other site. LogsRus works for them

4. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I personally have only heard good things about Celedon, hell they wouldn't even hire me -_-

Still you have to remember most companies are hurting right now.

5. honor roll

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
    why wouldn't they hire you??

6. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Well you see... this one time... I and a cop had some unkind words that ended up with a speeding ticket being pushed into a reckless driving one...

To be perfectly fair... he did almost hit my ####### 1987 pristine condition Chevy Camaro pulling a retarded stunt peeling out of one of those long tree covered 'authorized vechiles only' without looking at like 80 mph. Prior to that I was not speeding but I had to speed up to avoid the accident and he had the balls to pull me over for speeding at that point. I'm still a little miffed... can you tell?:biggrin_25510:

7. Timtruck

Timtruck Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Im not sure where some of these people are getting that Celadon is a good company?? They are one of the worst in my opinion. I drove here for 10 months and beleive me, that was 10 months to long. They really didnt even care about the logbook, so Im not sure where Logsrus is getting that from. They did not care if you were legal or even if you turned in the logs at all. My dispatcher was a drunk and even admitted it to me. They are not driver-freindly by any stretch of the imagination.
    I drove on the International Engine Account for a while back when we were still Celadon-Zipp drivers. We were actually treated quite well compared to the drivers who ran the board, but I got tired of taking 15 minutes in Indianapolis to load and then taking 19 hours to unload in Huntsville, AL. Everytime we complained about this they came up with some excuse, so they decided that we would drop the full trailers around the corner from the plant at some logistic place, where they were about 2 days behind unloading the trailers, so then we had to wait 10-20 hours in order to grab an empty. We were expected to to do 7 turns a week on this account and between the waits and the fact that the truck only went 64mph and Huntsville is approx 6-7 hours from Indianapols, this really was rediculous.
    Finally when I got off that account, I drove on the midwest regional board, we used to pick up at a Chrysler plant near CLeveland and then take it to the mini-van assembly plant in St. Louis-we were given approx 8 hours to do this once loaded and then we would sit in St. Louis when we got there so they could unload us in the timely 10 hours, providing we even made it in 8 hours, which most of the time we didnt.
    The safety lane was a joke, all their Mechanics at the time came from Burlington Motor Carriers, who Celadon bought out of bankruptcy court, and they really didnt have a clue what was going on. And they guy that assigned the trucks, got his job because they felt sorry for him bhecause of his race and stature, and he would give out the crummiest trucks on the lot. There was a truck that had 27,000 miles on it and it NEVER moved in the whole time I was there. SO I asked about it and I was told that they were saving that truck for a driver who had been on sick leave for 2 YEARS!
    Then they started paying drivers to stay there, it started out at so much mile for every 30,000 miles and then finally they settled on a certain price because dedicated drivers complained that they were getting screwed this way. They claim that they give more titles out on trucks than anyone, but it's funny that I have yet to meet somebody that leased a truck through Celadon and paid it off, so Im not sure who they are giving these to. Finally the founder of the company--he is a real piece of work and we wont talk about him, but if you ever have a conversation with him you wont forget it, this guy is CLUELESS! So yes, the grass is way GREENER on the other side contrary to what has been discussed on this board.:biggrin_2551:

Locdrjr Thanks this.
  8. Locdrjr

May 19, 2008
    Eaton Rapids , MI
    The only good thing I can say about Celadon is that my DAC report was clean after I rented the car and drove back home from Cleveland OH airport, I never received my last check for the run from the Richmond terminal to where the truck broke down outside Akron OH, never got my breakdown pay, still have their goofy air cuff lock, and of all the bad I put with at USA truck, they never did me this wrong... I found a local company which will get me home 2 days a week and still give 2500 miles a week # .33 a mile and the terminal is 15-20 minutes from my house.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  9. Locdrjr

May 19, 2008
    Eaton Rapids , MI
    still no last check... this company is a joke

10. honor roll

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
    This company is not a joke my husband has 2 really good DMs is getting great miles and is very happy with them PS has a great log lady too

11. aladdin sane

aladdin sane Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Towanda, Kansas
    There are NO GOOD truckload carriers!! Until people start figuring that out, the same trash will continue to cycle through these horrible companies and nothing will ever get better.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.