Central Dispatch just bought out by DealerTrack?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by KANSAS TRANSIT, Jul 20, 2012.

1. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    not really, especially if you haul enclosed, and please don't say UShip.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

Not really, a lot of brokers have started there own websites that list there moves, but most, if not all are still posted on CD.

At one time I did quite a bit with RAT, but since they have been bought out by Manheim that site has gone to pure ####.

4. drivertim

drivertim Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2014
    I rally wish there was a way to crowd fund a solution as alternative to CD.

5. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    I guess I have to ask, what is it about CD that you would like to see changed?

6. drivertim

drivertim Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2014
    The price for one! :)

7. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    I understand, but CD really has no control over the pricing of loads, that is strictly between you and the broker/dealer. Unless you are talking about the 60 bucks a month, ehh, that works out to 720 a year, basically one vehicle a year on just one of my trucks covers the service for the whole year, I really can't kick about that.

My biggest issue is with BOL's or transport orders not being uniform, I think CD did try and address that with using there format for dispatching loads, but for some reason a lot of people/brokers had issue with it and now you have 5000 brokers that all have there own version of a dispatch order, and they have info scattered all over the #### paper, some are 6 pages long, it just gets old.

drivertim Thanks this.
  8. SHO-TYME

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    I dealt with this today,

Second time this has happened, tried to book a good paying load with Montway Inc. Does anyone see in the ad where it says UShip? I like calling and being FORCED to sign up with UShip. That's BS!!!!!

NC - jacksonville, 28540

(Jacksonville)
    map
    route map
    AL - chickasaw, 36611
    (57mi NW)
    (Mobile)
    map

(1) 2011 cadillac cts (Car)

encl
    Addl Info: call agent 19
    $875 cod (Cash/Certified)
    769 mi ($1.14/mi)
    Order ID: 122689 Montway Inc.
    P: 224-220-0003
    F: (224) 220-5069
    CALL EVERY DAY CST
    Rating: 100.0%, recv'd: 1518, member: 02/08 ASAP

Posted:
    06/30/14

I've called C/D and complained and everyone else here should too!!!!!!! Also, every member here should call OOIDA, and if you're not a member, you should get signed up, UShip is NOT legal in doing what they are doing, one person isn't going to make a difference, but if many complain, maybe something will get looked into and maybe we can get something done.

9. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    Curious what Centrals response was?

I called them a couple weeks back as I had a relatives car posted on Central. At some point in time he got a quote from a south FL trash brokerage who then posted the same unit as available on Central.
    Both the customer & myself called the brokerage to have the posting removed & they refused. I called Central & their response was that it is in the small print of the quote that nobody reads that enables the broker to
    qualify that as having a signed contract & obviously post the unit as ready to go.

The point is, they were aware of the issue & knew the brokerage was pushing the boundary of the signed contract policy. So it is what it is.

Am guessing Central is probably pretty happy with the Uship deal as they are no longer competing for the same market(or not as much) & will leave this alone as well.

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  10. SHO-TYME

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    One person I talked to said they would look into it, the other I talked to didn't care, all C/D cares about is getting their fees every month.

I'm hoping to see what I get for a response from OOIDA on the legality of forcing us to sign up with UShip and the legality of UShip.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  11. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Same thing happened with me a week ago, and it was with Montway, called to ask about an order, they have all my info, gave her dates on p/u and del. and then she says something like, "you are familiar with the U-ship paperwork right", I told her that I was no longer interested in the load and hung up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.