Central Oregon gotta be the best .

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by asphaltcowboy4x4, May 10, 2019.

1. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Do they still use driver facing cameras?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. asphaltcowboy4x4

asphaltcowboy4x4 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2018
    Yes you can turn it off at night tho and they have anti collision detection and forward facing cameras. Pretty much all companies will be switching to driver facing cameras in the future

4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I don't worry about them too much. I don't do things that I would need to worry a out with them. But, they are unapealing.

And the forward facing cameras...
    I'vet yet to find a company that uses them that knows how they work and can explain it honestly. "They only record if there is an incident." No, they record all the time. They send a recording a minute or few before the "incident" and a few after. How is it able to send video prior to the incident if it wasn't recording without using a time machine to go back and start recording before the incident?

So what's going on telling people that they don't record all the time? Are they an Idiot that believes it or do they think drivers are idiots? I'm not sure how it isn't one or the other.

akaDug and TokyoJoe Thank this.
  5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    If you ever witness an accident and didn't trigger an event for the camera to "record" try contacting the company or the third party company to aquire the footage from a certain time... It might surprise you.

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  6. asphaltcowboy4x4

asphaltcowboy4x4 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2018
    My company told us that they are always recording and yes when something happens hard breaking accident etc it records before and after. They also said they can’t just view them whenever they want they can’t just look at the video if nothing happened they need a reason to view you videos for privacy issues.

7. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    "Drink the kool-aid...it's good for you, no, really it is...you can trust us!" LOL

8. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
  9. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Well, it sounds like...
    He'd rather be abused than encouraged...

He doesn't want to do his job efficiently, and...

He doesn't like people very much. That's what I got out of it. o_O

10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    TMC is hard to beat in that area. :D Allot of them think they are so good... Reminds me of Mormons.

11. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I just started working here. Everything about orientation is true. For the guys that never did flatbed before, their training class shows the basics, but they have a support system for them to learn which includes taking pictures of their loads and getting advice on them.

As soon as I got into the truck on Friday, I had 38 hours left on my 70, they promptly gave me an 1800 mile and some change load that delivered Monday 0800. It seems to also be true that they'll run the #### out of you.

I'm disappointed that they're going to all studio sleepers, but after 6 months you start getting chances to get a covered wagon. So if you don't like tarping, literally all the time, after you put in work your life could get easier.

EDIT: They're pretty picky about who they let drive for them, out of almost a dozen people only like 4 or 5 got a truck. Compared to most companies I've been to where pretty much anyone who can pass the drug test is hired.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Texas_hwy_287 and REO6205 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.