Central Oregon Truck Company - A Flatbedder's Paradise

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by FASTCASH, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Not really, it always has strings attached.
    Then it goes fast,too.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Espressolane

Nov 21, 2009
    Well it depends. Is it going to make a lot of noise, or just sit quietly?

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  4. Espressolane

Nov 21, 2009
    Truth.

5. Espressolane

Nov 21, 2009
    This pay package is company wide.
    From a few things I have been hearing, this will be rolled out to all of Daseke owned companies.
    SPD, COTC and few others are all offering this now.
    Have a few former coworkers looking at them.
    The package does have some conditions, like milage and production.

6. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    So you say COTC pays similar to SPD now? Daseke also owns EW Wiley and they had pretty low mileage pay last year. Interesting.

7. djoh615893

djoh615893 Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Montana
    Daseke has been gobbling up flatbed companies. I worked for COTC for a little while on the heavy haul fleet. Paid what they considered to be average income in the Redmond area, which isn't all that great but apparently at that time, that was their reasoning. The heavy haul dispatcher was nice enough, but when I called in for a clarification on something it would be a different dispatcher who usually answered and would be faced with someone who was already hankering for a fight and not cooperative at all in getting something resolved, which was usually just something like "I can't get the customer to pick up the phone, could you try them?", minor stuff. They have a nice facility, lease new trucks and such, but the penny pinching nonsense reaches all the way to the shop, to include not replacing shock cord when it wears out and breaks. I was actually scavenging sections of old shock cord from a bin behind the shop just because those cheapskates couldn't be bothered with it. In fact, I had guys saying "we haven't made any new 40 ft sections so you'll have to try again next week" as he walked off to take his lunch early, and I was there retarping in the yard with the express purpose of doing a better job with fresh shock cord that hadn't been pieced together from several old lengths of battered and broken pieces. I believe they have somewhere around 250 tractors as they claim to be a "small, family company with a family feel". Yep, that's what you're gonna hear as the clowns at the window in the driver's entrance ignore you or speak down to you with contempt, just like those parts-changers in the shop will do. Gotta get a P.O. just to get something for the truck if you don't want to pay out of pocket, and you'll have to justify the need for a new strap when something gets cut or just plain wears out. Yeah, gotta justify the old stuff wearing out. You gotta explain in simple terms to some grown man why things get old and wear out. You gotta explain why you need 4 of something instead of 3, and then explain that 3 is less than 4, and that you still need that fourth piece of something to make a complete set in order to go tarp your loads according to the regulations. Seriously! Good times....

IluvCATS and driverdriver Thank this.
  8. LateNightCable

LateNightCable Light Load Member

Feb 16, 2018
    This guy does reviews of companies, some deemed crap - and he will say they’re crap, and others not. Seemed to think pretty highly of Central Oregon Truck Co. after speaking with the CEO... The scuzzy recruiting tactic that began this thread really doesn’t seem characteristic.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.