Central Refrigerated Bad company!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Bamasand, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Bamasand

Bamasand Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Gordo,Alabama
    I think it is pretty sorry to deny someone's application because they were disabled in the past ,that is a recent graduate from truck driving school and has a current DOT medical card.I know that Central says it's because of no work history in the past 3 years but let's be honest!That is just a loop hole to make them think it's not discrimination.But that's ok ,it just shows Centrals true character!! You would rather hire a person with a poor driving record or past convictions than someone that was disabled and is in perfect health now! I have seen it first hand!! What do you think?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Have you tried talking to a driver services company, (fancy term for independant recruiter)

and seen if they can help.

4. Bamasand

Bamasand Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Gordo,Alabama
    No I haven't.Do you know how to go about that or who to contact?

5. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

Hate to piss in your wheaties, but no work history in the past 3 years will haunt you no matter WHICH company you go to. I'd bet my left one that if you went to McD's for the next year, Central would hire you.

What gives you the idea that they wouldn't hire you because of a past disability?

6. 6pak4-two

6pak4-two Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there
    That's odd a bottom feeder company like that turning down money from the Goverment must be a line behind you.
    Next:biggrin_25520:

7. Bamasand

Bamasand Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Gordo,Alabama
    Working for McD's is out of the question!! If I wanted to go back to working in a plant or something I could.I want to go OTR,and that's what I plan on doing! I was a plant supervisor for many years before my injury.I worked for 19 years before that accident.I was actually on my way to work when I was rear ended and that caused all of this.I went to school with guys that applied for the same jobs and they have tickets,wrecks,and criminal records.They got offers from every company and I got 0 offers,only denied apps.I have never had any violations,tickets,etc.I have never been in any trouble of any kind! I know several people that are 21,22 yrs.old that got jobs driving already and they haven't had 12 months work history since they got out of High School.That is why I think it's because of my past disability!

8. Wartog

Wartog Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Higginsville Missouri
    You have your CDL apply to other companies. Moving Companies are a good place to start.
    No work history is why you wasn't accepted. These companies have requirements that you have to meet and recent work history is one of them.
    Haul grain that's an easy one to get on with. You already have your cdl, dont bother with cdl mills.

Bamasand Thanks this.
  9. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Stop blaming it on disability. They have reasons why they can't hire you without recent work, that's just how it goes.

Bamasand Thanks this.
  10. Bamasand

Bamasand Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Gordo,Alabama
    When I am filling out applications what should I put on my work history?I was putting that I was disabled from Feb.2007 until July2012.Would I have a better chance if I put that I have been off for health reasons that have been resolved?Anyone care to give me some input?Thanks

11. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

That sounds better to me than the word "disability". That word raises red flags all over the place. Be vague and only go into detail if they ask. That way they can't say you were trying to hide it.

Bamasand Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.