CENTRAL REFRIGERATED-Salt lake city

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by pjw044, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006

Slander is spoken, Libel is written. Now that we have your Jr. Law Degree out of the way, you'd know that Central has been having issues getting trucks fixed unless you go through SLC and even there, it's still a problem. But you really don't care, because all you are is someone to mix the pot and troll a forum.

My guess is your posts got edited for TROLLING not "SLANDEROUS".

:biggrin_25523:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Smurf

Smurf Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Arky Saw
    If your having truck issues then call Kurt up in Salt Lake. Kurt is the equipment manager. Tell him the problems your having. Hes pretty good about getting things resolved just dont going to him with a sheety attitude. I know how frustrating things can get get with this company. I do it on a daily basis and really don't know why I stay with Central. Guess it comes down to how much BS you can handle. Its either that or I'm getting old. I have noticed that there are alot of changes going on with them. They seem to be paying attention to their drivers.

4. no fear

no fear Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Muskegon, MI
    it seem's that central isnt the only company jerry owns that has repair problems...

swift is bad at that too, even an simple b-service can take 24+ hr's to do. as a matter of a fact me and my mentor in swift had to stop at the gary, IN terminal for an simple b-service, but we red tagged it for an small air leak we had to. we turned in the red tag at about 1:30pm eastern, they put us in the majestic star hotel... first thing done right by swift if you ask me ;P 10:30am the next day we called to check the status of our truck, they had moved it from slot 4 to 8 by that point, and not even knowing how many trucks has passed us. I lost about $80 at the majestic star, and we finally got back in the truck about 3:30pm that day, and got some sleep in the sleeper while we waited for the mech's to get a part they needed, 2hr's later we woke up to someone pounding on the door, and the door opened and an mech shut the truck off, we got out to see all the oil that was put in the truck from the b-service on the concrete. they didnt put the filter on right.

enough about swift, I was considering going to central ref. an friend i went to swift academy with went there not long ago. but I think im going to scratch there name off my list.

5. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    My uncle worked for central and it took 3 day's to get his reefer fixed!
    I've heard from other drivers it's like this with most everything else.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That is not your concern.

I don't know what this means and I really don't care. I do know that you, Sir, are the one who decided to start insulting people right out of the gate, and we don't tolerate that here.

If you can't keep it civil, then I'm sure you would enjoy one of many other forums all over the internet where that sort of childish behavior is allowed.

7. four and four

four and four Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2007
    La Quinta Ca
    Plenty of name calling after my post.You did not delete any of those.My experience has been that many, not all, but many, who were trained in the armed forces have no self-starter skills that are needed in the trucking industry or in the ways of self employment.

Also, was just calling into question the validity of someone that makes a slanderous post about a company and does not add facts to back the claims up, that's all.

I will be re-entering the industry at my choice after having built a company from nothing to something, and will post the results of that sale if it matters to anyone, I just don't see the need to trash a company and not add the facts into the discussion so we can all make our own evaluations.

If the person that started this thread would like to respond with his experiences and why we should all avoid Central Ref, I am waiting.

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    ...which would not have appeared had you not started it yourself. You drew first blood here.

Perhaps, but that doesn't excuse insulting them, or anybody else, the way you did.

On that point I'll agree with you. We do prefer to deal in specifics here.

By all means do so.

I think others have made the point nicely that Central is not the greatest place to work, at least not from what I've read here.

9. four and four

four and four Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2007
    La Quinta Ca
    Very concise and to the point, I might add.

10. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

As i started this thread, i will be glad to cite examples in detail very soon.
    Unless you have been there ( CRSI ) and worked there, this is ONLY
    one MANs opinion...MINE
    Unfortunatly am working a job that is average 16 hrs long with a 1.5 hr commute (round trip).
    Not much time left in the day:biggrin_25518:

11. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Libelous.

Not slander. If you are going to complain, at least get this right four and four.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.