Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leatherman

leatherman Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2010
    i talked to the freightliner dealer by crswvc a bout leasing and he told me i needed to have at least 2 years exp before they would consider selling/leasing me a truch that was used and i would have to have about 5 years to get into a new truck..that would be on my own credit etc..thats why crs and others dangle a lease that is so easy .. driving is hard and few newbes make their first year.. i just barely did and didnt lease because i knew i didnt want to drive otr all the time and probalbly not with central..there are to many other places that pay more have more home time and better opportunities in general... if you want to drive alot leasing is great as long as you dont want to leave crs..a truck lease is like any other lease it makes money for the leasing co plain and simple.. but you get great tax deductions and a truck for zip...if you have a plan and figure out crs is your life for the next 3 years then go for it...i would suggest just using crs for the training program and jumping to another company that pays more has more to offer in benifits, and experience... once you get some months and years under your belt alot of opportuinites are there with a cdl in you walllet..just dont hit any thing while you are driving :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. leatherman

Oct 31, 2010
    dont float while traing at crs with your trainer is up to the trainer.. when on your own just dont grind the gears..it makes a mess on the hwy.. ha ha

4. leatherman

Oct 31, 2010
    i got hit with 180.00 over idle in aug no warning i was really mad also two differnet times i was charged for load locks that i had left in a droped trailer and got replacments at crswvc... i didnt look at my paychecks on line for six months and will have a hard time gettting that money back says my dm .. my advise make sure u documment your load locks and also watch your pay checks for any thing that doesnt add up it cost me 350.00

5. sesstexas

sesstexas Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Longview, TX

I was just summing up leases to the people who do not know about them. Not all leasing is bad but, leasing with the larger companies is not a good idea most of the time. If a smaller company can offer a lease they're usually okay; just make sure you do your homework before you go with one. As you said, dealerships will want you to have experience before they will consider leasing a truck to you. But like I said, you really need at least 2-3 years minimum experience before you look into leasing a truck. If you have decent credit, a good bit of experience, you can finance a truck and lease it on to almost any company and become an owner operator or you can start working for yourself.

You really need at least 2 to 3 years experience driving before you take the plunge into leasing or purchasing or you will find yourself in a hole that you can't get out of.

6. leatherman

Oct 31, 2010
    been to minooka and did the same thing and at other places i dont worry much about it there is a wamart in nebraska just down the road from a trcuk stop worked there also if i can still drive safe and 'cheat' then i will do it if i have had a 10 hour sleep and still feel tired i sleep more and work around it

7. sesstexas

sesstexas Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Longview, TX
    I'll be sure to keep an eye on them load bars. I figured there would be somewhere to put them on the back of the cab to keep them off the floor of the trailer but hey.. those brackets cost more money so I guess I understand. How far over the 30% were you when they smacked you with the $180? Also, who is that keeps an eye on your idle time? Your DM?

8. leatherman

Oct 31, 2010
    my dm had sent out a warning and i asked him about my idle he said i was ok i went back and looked at my stats for aug and it was 40% or higher i dont remember using that muck idle time .. one week was from south carolina to phoenix..there is space to store your load locks and when you drop or swap a load and leave yours on the trailer make sure you tell your dm so he can note the load number and when you go to get some new ones from crs you are not charged for them.

9. leatherman

Oct 31, 2010
    well have alot of time on my hands againg.. wife has health issues and i have been on extended leave since christmas.. its given me time to look for local work though and i will be starting with another company monday.. i will post my experiences here for the benifit of any one who wants to see what happens when you leave crs..

10. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    What, did they expect you to use the ground behind the drives? :biggrin_2556:

Lady K Thanks this.
  11. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009

LOCAL WORK. :biggrin_25523: it ain't there anymore. and what's there the wages SUCK. they are $3 lower then when i first started 12 years ago. that's why i came back on the road.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.