Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    We have brackets on most trucks, they hold 4. But if you drop a trailer and it's sealed, you can't get into it and get your load locks. Well, you can, but then you'll be leaving a mess for the next driver, and risk getting fired.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brownyjr36

Brownyjr36 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Coon rapids, mn
    Going to UT on the 20th? See you there then. After thinking on it for almost one year, best bet for me too. I wonder how hard they will try to cram lease down throat. I see there are some company drivers who don't lease, Celtic, but do they threaten, or cut miles?

4. smadronia

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    There's a shuttle that runs out of the West Valley Terminal every day in the evening. It usually makes 2-3 trips to WalMart and back, so you can show up that first day, and probably get to WalMart that night.

5. smadronia

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    You don't have to lease. I don't advise that you go in telling them "Screw you guys, I won't lease!" because that may very well get you hosed for milage.

Instead, sound like you're waffling. Don't agree to leasing, tell them you need time, and everytime they ask, tell them you need more. Eventually they'll stop asking, because it's easier for them to get new students that are interested to sign up, instead of pushing on someone who's been there a couple months.

Brownyjr36 Thanks this.
  6. smadronia

May 26, 2007
    Oregon

From what I understand right now, it's harder to find smoking trainers than non smoking ones. I had lunch with a friend who's a non smoker, and he was saying there were a lot of students that smoked that were either going with non smoking trainers, or waiting a while. Same was true about 6 months ago, when a gal I met was waiting on a smoking trainer.

It bounces back and forth. When I went to training, it was difficult to find a non smoking trainer. It all depends on who's around, and who doesn't have students.

7. BiggDaddy

BiggDaddy Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Look forward to seeing you there. I spent the better part of the last year deciding too. One of my big concerns was the lease too, but like Smadronia says, it seems like Central is one of the only companies who won't penalize or retaliate against you for not leasing.

8. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    The van runs to Wal-Mart throughout the day. You can ride along whenever you have downtime.

Also, I liked the food at the Simon Cafe. (Central Cafe for you young whippersnappers). But if you don't like the food, ask the van driver for a good place to eat. They used to drop us at the Chinese Buffet whenever we were in town.

9. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Is that taco truck still in the parking lot?
    That was always the only reason I liked going into that terminal. Since I never made it out without a red tag on truck and trailer. But if I had to stay, at least I knew I could get a good burrito or plate of Taco's at night.

10. Heisreason

Heisreason Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2012
    I was planning on attending the training at TDA in Sacramento and was wanting to get those of you who had attended the training opinion on their training. Was it sufficient? Did you feel excessively rushed. Was there any thing that you felt un-prepared for once you were on your own? Also, when I pick the trainer whom I'm going to be on the road with for my OTR training. Who's an excellent trainer and who should I stay away from? I can provide my email address if you prefer not to post any names on here since it's very possible that those people named may be reading this. Also do the Cental trucks you choose from have APUs or power converters? And any other info you think that may be helpful would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

11. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    I'm with Chrome!!! That burrito mobile at the SLC terminal was the hit!!! Only open at night though but #### good! Hey Chrome you ever go to La Chaquita right by the Fontana terminal? When you get off the exit and come down the over pass you would go through that first light instead of going left to Central. It was just pass the little conveinence store on the left. It used to have a couple truck spots along the side of the road. We would always call ahead and my wife would jump out the truck while I circled the block. Man that place was good!!!

Back to the SLC terminal, don't worry you guys won't be stuck there. There is plenty of stuff around and worst case you can walk to Walmart. Its only about a mile. Hell by the time you get off Central property you are 3/4 of the way there! All kinds of restaurants around there, Chili's, Denny's, taco bell etc...

sesstexas (sorry if I spelled wrong) You are lucky to go straight to SLC! I think you will be pretty impressed when you get there. Actually now that I think of it, Central has a restaurant and a store on the property. Along with hair salon, laundromat, movie theatre, game room, basketball court etc... You could probably live there without having to leave if need be. Central's restaurant used to be pretty good and fairly inexpensive. From time to time they used to give you meal tickets.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.