Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiggDaddy

BiggDaddy Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2012
    This may seem like a stupid question, but it is one that always pops in my head when I see a Central truck.....Is there any difference in the different colored trucks (White, Black, or Red).Are some for Lease drivers, and some company drivers? Or is it just different trucks that Central bought at different times? It would seem that in an effort to stay uniform (unless your Prime) you would want all of your trucks to match....Just courious

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. road runner 9630

road runner 9630 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Nope, no ryhm or reason to he color.

BiggDaddy Thanks this.
  4. road runner 9630

Jan 9, 2010
    Just so you don't get your hopes up, you don't get to choose your trainer. You are paired based only on smoking or not. They frown on requesting a certain person but will honor it at times. No the trucks for company drivers most times don't have apu on them. The certainly don't have power inverters. If you lease you may find a driver that left there stuff on the Trk, but not to often.

Heisreason Thanks this.
  5. Big Rigg

Big Rigg Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Corona, CA
    Trained in Fontana they sent the the people for Sacramento down to do the final road test for CDL. Some were okay but lots were not and had to spend extra time in Fontana. Don't know if it was the people or the training have never been to the Sacramento training so can't say. All of Central's training is fast paced so either you get it or you don't. Not much help I know but was just an observation.

Heisreason Thanks this.
  6. Big Rigg

Big Rigg Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Corona, CA
    La Chaquita is great stop by there on my home time because I don't want to cook when I get home.

You can walk to Walmart also check with other drivers. Some will bobtail there because they have the hours and a lot will let you ride with them. But the shuttle is great and works well they even have a number you can call so once at Walmart you can see when the next pickup is they won't leave you stranded.

I got a meal ticket at Central Cafe when I was there for re-orientation. Judging from those ahead of me in line I think those in training also get meal tickets. The food was not bad and they gave you a choice. If what you wanted was more then the meal ticket you just paid the extra so only cost $2-$3 more.

chompi Thanks this.
  7. road runner 9630

Jan 9, 2010
    As for the meal tickets, in the 3 weeks your at slc for training, you may get 2-3 tickets. Most all meals are on you the driver. I think orientation, o/o pizza day, and 1 other time maybe is all they provide.

8. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    burrito supreme EL SPICY now that was some good food. even better when you had one of those mexican coca colas to go with it.

chompi Thanks this.
  9. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    i got to request my trainer no problem. actually i had my trainer set up before i ever went to school.

10. Heisreason

Heisreason Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Were you at the Sacramento TDA? If so how was your overall experience with the training and who was your trainer? Thanks.

11. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    JJ was his trainer and he met hin here on this forum.

Heisreason Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.