Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    The new plan and the old plan both have a base rate per mile. Thats the 0.88 and $1.08 (they go up with time) the old plan has a much higher fsc (a little more than double) but it is only paid on loaded miles.
    The new plan pays fsc on all miles.
    Hope that helps

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    it's a little more complex than that moose. The comparison of the fsc between the two plans is a fixed cpm, but the two rates move together with avg cost of fuel, therefore when average fuel is over a certain rate (somewhere a little under $4, iirc) the new plan FSC is more than half of the old plan FSC, under that rate and the new plan is less than half the FSC. The higher the cost of fuel the more CPM you loose on d/h miles, the less of them you need to equal the old plan.
    The new plan was undoubtedly designed as a way to lower pay for us, but if fuel continues its long term trend the new plan will be better than the old plan, as a much higher percentage of pay will be FSC.

4. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    Yes I am aware that the fsc is based on the price of fuel. I admit I used the fsc numbers that I think I saw on last weeks o/o fsc msg, but I was giving an example.

If one wanted to do the math the old plan is based on this formula:
    (National average - $1.20)/6.0= old FSC

New plan
    (National ave- $2.50)/6.5=new FSC

I may do some calculations for the readers, but that is a little much for my smartphone right now. Check back for an edit.

5. BucKnife

BucKnife Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Your right I said it wrong, typing before I think.

Now under the old plan you can do better depending on MPG, Also keeping DH low.
    I did hear someone talking they did better with new but they also run dedicated. So I guess it would do better.
    If you are getting low DH though, The new plan is a cut.

6. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    This topic has given me a lot to think about. I'm always as early as possible, and quite often too early. This has won me some extra mileage a few times when I really needed it. But now I'm seeing what you've all been saying about MPG. Gonna ease off five to six miles on cruise and start playing with increasing my average some more. Think I get 6.8 most of the time now but this will be a good time to start learning to bring it up even more (while Central is covering the bill!)

7. jjranch

jjranch Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN
    If you can get to henderson yard you can get the snow chains atleast.

8. BucKnife

BucKnife Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2012
    You can bring that up a lot, Here is what I did today!

2012-10-15 18.48.14.jpg 2012-10-15 18.47.08.jpg

If you like I could tell you more how to do this day after day!

Arkansas Frost and Nottoway Thank this.
  9. 6pak4-two

6pak4-two Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there
    if you dont have chains by now in CO IT'S A $1,000.00 fine don't get caught at the scale without them

Lady K Thanks this.
  10. 6pak4-two

6pak4-two Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there
    Lowering the pay is what I have heard I'm waiting for a friend of mine to email some information. He told me the cap was a $1.13 at 10 years he says he's been there for 5 years he's only good for a $1.06 plus the FSC. We talked about the QC and the numbers he sees on the QC once he pulls up a pay stub he'll send it to me better for me to understand he still runs the old plan as do others I no at Central.

11. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Today I averaged 6.0 mpg, some days I get 8.5. Today I picked up in newberry sc and stopped in cinci. Up 26, across the gorge, and up 75 grossing 78k+. There's just no cheap way to do that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.