Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6pak4-two

6pak4-two Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there
    I think it's time for me to find something new to post about.

But in my last and final statement I would like to say those of us who bring out the side of the lease you have yet to see only do so because we worked for Central. If you went back that far you would have seen what Central did to JJ and others. It is not for us to tell you or anyone else how to run there lives only to help from are experience what we know to be true. Someone said you need 1 to 2 years behind the wheel to go to a better company but in the same ad it didn't say but you need to lease a truck from someone else. With any starter company your best move in the long run is to stay company.
    I hope all of you are here tru the 3 1/2 years of you lease so we can see how things continue to go for you. If something dose happen don't leave the thread as so many others have before you we will always need people here to talk about Central other side.

Best of luck to all of you who lease.

mama mia and Arkansas Frost Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6pak4-two

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there
    Lets start a conversation on tips for winter driving.

Bye a rain suit over all type. Found that it keeps your pants dryer as you will be in the Dirty part of the snow and on your back at times putting bungees on the inside of your tires. Get one one size bigger you need room to move plus it fits better over your coat.

Look for some Sorrels with a lining in them much better then work boots as they don't absorb water or something equal.

Dry clothes and dry feet make a happier driver.

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

We were able to purchase some of the octopus looking bungees for chains... Haven't had to use them yet... Has anyone tried them? Are the straight black ones better?

5. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    We have Automatic chains on our truck, hit the toggle and down they come!

6. 6pak4-two

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there
    I used the red ones worked great just make sure you have tension on the inside as well if not could throw a chain.

Lady K Thanks this.
  7. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    We have Automatic chains on our truck, hit the toggle and down they come!

We had Navistar install those two years ago when we did the extreme cold weather testing in Alaska. The guys said that once they got the bugs worked out of them they were ok.

8. jjranch

jjranch Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't forget about the chain tool make sure u get one if you don't have onr for the camber style lugs also the ta sells theses blue mittin looking gloves with rubber style fingers and palms they help keep your hands dry and warm while chaining. They are donner tested.

9. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    While at Central we put the chains on the tires twice. Once right after we got done they lifted the requirement. The other time was to hook to a trailer at the Orient yard covered in ice (those who have been there in winter will understand. We have chains in the bag so we can say we have them, and the octopus bungies, however we monitor weather and run around whatever we can (one of those benefits of being o/o). We had Central change routing once as company drivers to avoid 80 as a snow storm came across, which ended up being a cluster. If you are aware of weather and can show an alternative route that isn't too much longer, request it.

Our chains will stay in the bag as chains cause so much vibration they will destroy an engine. We are going to buy the winter coveralls though for tarping, etc. Might be something to think about for those of y'all who have to chain.

10. dirtycurty26

dirtycurty26 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2010
    delhi,ca
    good advice i need to get on it and get the gear before i really need it but dont have it. thanks you guys.

11. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Any good tips for emergency heating? Heard candles in a coffee can works alright, just scared I'd roll my sleeping bag into the flames and wake up well done...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.