Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electra-glide

Electra-glide Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Hollister, Florida
    Mia, are you not getting the miles you want.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Electra-glide

Electra-glide Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Hollister, Florida
    Hey brother do you still drive for CRS?

4. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    Snowwy, are you and JJ not friends??? Silly.

And electra, we are fine.

5. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Yeah. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

6. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    I found out a good perk to being a trainer. When your truck breaks down training department will pay for the hotel. Getting a w900 from the shop in the morning. Any tips from someone who haas driven a straight nose truck? All I have driven are a Volvo and a Cascadia.

7. Punky74

Punky74 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Arizona
    Well, If nothing else I know how to get a conversation going Lol. I'm not here to make enemies, I want to make friends, but my point was that there seems to be negative comments that are not constructive. Doulos provided some examples that is exactly what I'm talking about. Nothing wrong with venting. That is necessary at times. I like hearing the good and the bad as long as it is objective and constructive. I have done a lot of research about trucking and I am still interested. For those of you vets out there that make comments about how they love when newbies comment on things they don't know yet since they have zero miles... I agree with that to a point. My comments were referencing about any industry or company there will be positives and negatives. I don't have to be an experienced trucker to know that there will be negatives. Whatever industry you get into, there will always be BS and crap that sucks. That was the point I was trying to make. It's how people deal with it. I love reading the constructive comments in both the positive and negatives about trucking. It's the whiners who just make short vague negative comments that do know good. I may try trucking and hate it or love it, we'll just have to see. I don't have a family or many bills so I think that helps me a bit when it comes to dealing with the trucking lifestyle. I admit, if I had a family, mortgage, etc... I would not do trucking and frankly I don't know how truckers with families do it. With that being said, I just encourage people to vent, post negatives, positives, whatever, but post why you feel that way and give objective reasons instead of short, vague, and useless comments. I like many newbies and people interested about you veterans perspectives because it will help us make educated and informed decisions about what were getting into. That's all I want to get across. I'm here to make friends and I hope to continue to read quality posts about experiences to continue to help me and other newbies make a good decision. Thanks !

8. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    i drive a long nose shaker classic and i can tell ya its gonna be different lots opf hood out in front to look over. start stoping sooner with my truck i got to open the door and look out when backing the stacks on my truck block the mirrorview. also if it has steering stops in it take them out it will drastically improve the turning radius. also do not accept a load picking up at kraft in champlaign ill when you got a long nose truck you will be hating life.

Lady K, PSUMoose and mama mia Thank this.
  9. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    Check out "Follow me through central training" there is also a 2 and 3. There are a few things you should remember this time of year would be a warm coat, boots and gloves. It's cold out there.
    Also something I have found as a trainer, if you are very large, bring a safety vest, my last student was 500 pounds and there were locations he could not get out of the truck, because he was required to ware a vest and mine would not fit him.

10. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I despise that lot. Cant imagine going there in a hood.

11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Watch the turning radius... It SUCKS!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.