Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    If it's bad enough to be doing 20, there's not much passing going on. I was in sections where we were just ignoring the lane divider and driving on the best bits of (less frozen?) asphalt. Pissing someone off is a small price to pay for getting there safely. At one point I was on ice on 88 in the right lane doing 12-17 and there was a line of cars behind me who didn't dare try to pass. When it's that hairy out, no one in their right mind is in a hurry.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    Well, correction. We are going to sit at Iowa 80 until morning. Lex wasn't feeling comfortable and we discovered we have a cracked wheel. We are going to wait til morning to fix it because he didn't feel comfortable about the roads. So, we get to play in the next system and babysit a military engine for Christmas. Yipee

4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

when will you get to Denver?? We deliver in Aurora on the Wednesday, but we usually get there the day before... We stay at the J off of Airport & 70.

5. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    Now we should be in Denver at 0400. That means fight traffic out. Maybe just maybe we can hit Tinker before they close and not babysit a military engine, and instead get miles for Christmas. Hammer down.

Lady K Thanks this.
  6. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    Yay made it to Walmart!!! Apparently a good 12hrs before some Kraft trucks loaded a day before me. I called Rodger to say sorry for being late but I'm going to miss my appointment and need a reschedule
    He said "Don't worry about it name, if I had 30 drivers like you I would be set." Not trying to brag it's just nice to get a little appreciation.

Now back to slow drivers. Why don't slow drivers pull over? Last night I was stuck behind a Fedex going 20mph on bare pavement with at least a mile of cars behind him. He passed 3 pull offs, a rest area and a truck stop. Anyway complaint over good job all you guys for staying safe out there.

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  7. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    This was two days after the storm. Left lane was clear and right lane was patchy in spots. There was no reason for them to be on the interstate doing 20 with no indication to the vehicles behind them that they were moving slower than any traffic.

passion4polishing Thanks this.
  8. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    West valley sitting on an empty with no preset. Yayyy... And systems are down? Does that mean everyone is off except you?! Lol

9. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I guess we're all sitting for Christmas. Awesome.

10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, the joys of being a rookie. learning that not only will you not be home for xmas. you're not working either.

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  11. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Don't mind not being home. I got thanksgiving off, and that's all I wanted. It would've been nice to grab something today though. Even a little 400 mile-er

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.