Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diner Man

Diner Man Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Orem, UT
    To Moose, Ice, and many other of you that train, I too am 'looking' at maybe training. I know I won't be able to be a trainer till after 6 mo, that's fine as I'm still learning more every day myself. I've spent most of my corporate life as a trainer, both in-house and on-site. I do agree though that this training would be a bit different as the trainee would have the means to do something stupid and could get you hurt. However, trainers need to be, well, "training" and not just 'babysitting'. I had a good trainer, there are many good trainers out there, but as said earlier, there are some 'not so good' trainers out there as well. For those of you going otr with a trainer, be attentive, ask questions, be respectful, but also know your rights as a trainee...as in your trainer should respect you as well - respect is given as respect is earned. Anyway, am enjoying this over the corporate life.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diner Man

Sep 21, 2012
    Orem, UT
    I know...me again. General question on Dedicated or Regional routes...pros/cons on what's out there. Kraft, Dole, Coors, Fred Meyer...and I think there are a few others out there. I wouldn't mind one that would have me pass through UT every now and then so I could stop by the house once in awhile - thoughts? Thanks.

4. Diner Man

Sep 21, 2012
    Orem, UT
    Welcome unloader - this, as with anything else, will be what 'you' make it. You will have issues with this industry as with any other industry, you will have issues with people that you work with here as you would any place else - it is what you make of it. There are some aspects of this industry that I don't care much for, there are some challenges to work through as well. However, for 'me', I am preferring this 'lifestyle' over the corporate life. I've made decent money in the corporate world, traveled internationally, and have started my own business...for now, for me at this time, I'm liking what I do as it 'is' up to 'me' on how I will make it in this industry. So to you and others, it is up to 'you' and no one else on how you fare here. Wow, have I ranted long enough??

5. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    Ha ha the location code for my next 99 is cwslut. Someone needs to proof these before assigning them.

6. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Filling up a Gatorade bottle with breakfast was the worse day I had driving. Caught some stomache bug in West Valley. Haven't been back since!

7. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    I am on Kraft west coast and I enjoy it. It works out well fir a training run because it has city driving, a lot of flat driving and the chance to throw iron on the mountain passes. I average 4500 mi per week and usally know what I am going to be doing all week. My DM Rodger works Sun-Thur and usually has me preset by Tues for the next 5-7 days. This is nice because it allows me to plan activities with my family. Except for events like Christmas or dr appointments I do not request home time, because Rodger runs me by my home a lot. The midwest Kraft bunch do mostly drop and hook, which I would like more of, we get d&h in Stockton but usually have a live unload
    And if we have a back haul it's usually a live load. That leads me to my favorite part of this fleet. Because Kraft also pays for the backhaul if there is no load available within a couple hours we just deadhead back to Stockton, so even though the loads are shortish (600-700mi) we are always moving, helping us get more miles. My best week sofar has been 6300 miles just running up and down I5. Like I said before 4500 is typical.

Diner Man Thanks this.
  8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

I believe you will need to go oh OTR at first. Then when they know how you can run, and that you can run, the dedicated fleets will then be open to you. Many of them do run through Salt Lake City...

Diner Man Thanks this.
  9. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    I hope they gave that trainer a plastic seat cover.

10. smadronia

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    Please tell me there's a photo of this, that's hilarious.

OTR once wanted us to run 100 miles on a trailer super single with no tread (it had separated and peeled off). It held air, but no tread, and they didn't want to pay $800 to a Petro when they could get it on account for a lot less. I kept waiting for it to blow the entire drive.

11. smadronia

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    Fred Meyers will get you in the area, but it's very hard to get onto, and they expect a lot of you. The planner that handles Fred Meyer is pretty no nonsense too, so if you screw up any loads in the northwest, don't let him know, or you won't have any chances of getting on.

I did beer for a while, I don't recall going through Utah all that often.

Diner Man Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.