Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Central is a large enough company to have plenty of work, the training is outstanding, and the equipment is pretty good to great. All your "starter" companies are gonna be rough the first year. They're busy making sure they get paid even if you decide to jump ship before the year is out. SWIFT I've heard mixed reviews but I bet they're like any other, there's good and there's bad. prime I haven't met a happy person from Prime yet. But there are a lot of pinstriped prime trucks so somebody is getting paid... Just may be year five or six? Idk. Lol. Good luck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Six in one, half dozen in the others... Central is big enough to keep you running and is basically refer... Swift has refer and dry box, a different dispatch system (not sure if hats for company, or just the L/O)... Prime has refer, dry box (I think), flat bed and tanker... So it all depends on what you want out of a company...

Right now my husband and I are fr the most part happy with Central.

4. gmanwalker

gmanwalker Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Hi guy i was wondering is i can get some advice. I'am down to two choice Central and millis just want some opinion? If any one have any it would be nice thank.

5. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Don't know a thing about Mills... Been with Central for over two years now... Maybe that says something about them...

passion4polishing Thanks this.
  6. Arkansas Frost

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    So I'm at penn whse and distribution. Why don't they just say, "It's the Philadelphia Port." cuz then you might realize coming here without a verified appointment time is retahdidddd!!! Been on standby for over half an hour and I'm guessing this is gonna take way too long. Wish these guys had a laundromat.

7. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    who goes to Philly without a verified plan to gtfo before the clock strikes 0:00? Or any big city for that matter. Chicago, Miami, bahston, Indy, Charlotte, Detroit; you get the idea. Get in, get out, sleep with both eyes shut.

8. Arkansas Frost

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    A guy with two thumbs! Lol. They sent it on Friday when I was loaded and I hav been running EARLY mornings so I just thought they would straighten it out before I picked up. I was tired and stupid. Thought I had that figured out last time I went to Orlando without an appt time.. I finally got in and got out of there but I'm parked in a service plaza, really needing to do laundry. Update on my mood though, I'm happy lol! Apparently I did get myself out of the hole last week and everything is as it should be. 4,056 paid miles will do that. Too bad there was home time to take care of. I don't have high hopes of $2,000 plus weeks all the time solo. Definitely taking them when they come my way tho!!

Lady K Thanks this.
  9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Yeah... We had some miles miss one settlement and land on the next... It was NICE!!

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  10. Family rider

Family rider Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2013
    My husband and I plan on joining the Central Family this summer. My question is this: why is the Trucker's Image so bad? I'm a former corporate executive and my husband was a senior teacher. We're getting a lot of grief about our proposed career change. As if it's a step down. I'm very proud of our decision and I'll be proud to be an American Trucker!

11. Aimstraight

Aimstraight Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Central CA
    Great question. I'm switching careers from a 14 year corporate IT job to trucking as well and getting the same looks from family and friends. Maybe it has to do with the 'Hollywood image' ... show me a truck driver on TV and I'll show you a punchline. Maybe it's because the Dept of Labor still classifies truck driving as 'unskilled labor'. Yeah right. But who knows?

In any case best of luck to you and your husband!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.