Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    I just me or did everybody get smarter when we started getting out of winter?! Lol. My bunk heater runs me out I the sleeper even at 0. I idle to maintain the battery and run antigel if I haven't been fueling in the extreme north.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ice Train

Ice Train Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Harkers Island NC
    Talk about anti-gel, I seen 2different central guys with reefers that had gelled up when I was in MN a few weeks back.

4. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I'm almost never in <15º for more than one night on a tank of fuel. Maybe I sit over night in madison, WI at 8º, and the following night I'm somewhere in OK where it's only going down to the mid 20's. I'd rather just cycle for a night than spend $15 on antigel. Add to that my bunk heater is apparently a bit on the weak side and the whole battery thing and I'll be idling anyway.

Here's a good one- A friend of mine in a volvo gelled up in fargo GOING DOWN THE ROAD! A feat I thought impossible in the inhabitable US (of course ND isn't so inhabitable for 7-8 months of the year).

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  5. Aaron Stewart

Aaron Stewart Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Bakersfield, CA
    I've got a Cascadia. There is a sticker explaining it but for some reason my brain didn't process putting it in high until you just said it. Get me out of this cold it's making me dumb(er)

6. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    Also Aaron you have to set the thermostat or it will only monitor the batteries and if you have the key on the bunk heater won't work.

Man listening to you guys I like my run. It gets cold on the passes but I have not seen anything less than 10 this year.

7. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    But you throw chains, something I haven't had to do once. I see it dip into the singles once in a while, and negatives twice, but it's short lived. Since they have plows, salt, and a lack of mountains here there's no need for chains. I'll take it.

8. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I'm waiting for them to finish my 1000 "preload" at Kraft in the springfield underground and after 2 hours of being bored out of my mind I discovered Wifi! My phone doesn't pick it up, but I got to thinking "how the ~~~~ did my qc send all those messages? Must be unsecure wifi!" Wish I'd known earlier :/

9. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Well I caught my landing gear on the railroad track coming out of Springfield underground, so now I have an accident, probably a late load, and the nightmare of figuring out what to do about getting this trl mt without dispatch so it can be fixed (supposed to be a drop). It's not my day.

10. BrettN70

BrettN70 Bobtail Member

Wow...that does NOT sound like a great way to start the weekend. Hope it all pans out for ya somehow.

11. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    Yes! I'm finally home for some R-n-R. My first since I started with Central. My second week with Central was very disappointing in miles. Not that I didn't have preplans but they didn't mesh up time wise very well and generally had too much travel time but not enough that I could get 24 hours ahead. But, I have a good head start on my third week and it should be as good as my second despite 3 days off. I can't wait to make more money per mile though. Its kinda ugly when a 3000 mile week nets $670.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.