Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scorpion_king

scorpion_king Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Vilonia, AR
    it may not be the best but it is a paycheck. its not THAT bad though
    havent been treated that bad
    havent sit that much(mainly my own fault out of hours) made better money when oilfield was rolling at home
    fairly new and slow trucks
    and the food at the terminal sure beats almost any crusty gas station or mcdonalds again

if your experience was that bad maybe it was your own fault

Arkansas Frost, Stand4112 and Tats Man Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scorpion_king

scorpion_king Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Vilonia, AR
    idling might be the best thing about being a rental operator

4. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I can contradict what he says as well. Based on old info, but I am sure they have not changed that much in 5 years.
    What many new drivers call an old truck is a truck that has over 250k miles on it. Central Leases trucks for 4 years. So they seldom have them longer than that. So if a 3 year old truck is old, then I guess they have old trucks. In most cases a 4 year old truck is just broken in.
    I made very good money at Central. The one full year Jan-Dec I was with them my net was just over 50k. Gross over 60k. That is as a company driver. Not bad money I would say.

The dispatcher I had for the first 2 months was the terminal manager at Conley. He watched close.
    After that I had a very good dispatcher. Once she knew I would run, I would always deliver ontime, and I would always communicate with her on all issues. She ran me over 3000 miles a wconsistentlyantly.
    Once on Kraft the old pay scale was .40 cpm. But no detention and no oarrivalarival. Which was fine. Most Kraft was drop and hook. Once on a dedicated run I was running dedicated 3200 miles per week. Thru the house 1/2 day per week.

Are there some not so good dispatchers? Yes.
    Do the nights and weekend people suck? Yes.
    Are some trucks trashed by former drivers? Yes.
    Are some drivers lazy and just want to run terminal to terminal? Yes. We use to call them Terminal Rats. They would always be in one terminal or another complaining about how they could not make any money, and then talking about all the places they refused to run.

On the fired for a backing accident that was not your fault...............Well......If you are backing, and you hit something, It IS your fault.

Any questions? lol

GWG, Lady K, passion4polishing and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    I'm going to try to ignore people that couldn't make it, along with students offering advice on the company, from here on out! Lol. There are too many of them and a new class graduates every week! That said, I'm on a slow run where I can sit in a nice West Virginia service plaza all day (Tamarack), and go to WalMart later tonight. My PSET is in PA tomorrow, anyone know a good stop between East OH and Pittsburgh on I-70?! For some reason (all the rest areas and pulled over trucks with blue lights behind them) I hate staying in Ohio.

6. arata954

arata954 Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    san antonio, tx
    i can also back chrome dome. the info big mother trucker has is old. anyone wants current info from a student currently here about to get his cdl, pm me and ill email you all the info i have. i will also give you my number and you can call me and i will answer any questions over the phone. i am currently in the national guard, and i was active army for 7 years. if you cant trust me to protect your country (i love my country not my government), then what can you trust me for?
    mike

7. GWG

GWG Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I can trust you Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Stroker73

Stroker73 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Yeah, I picked up that trailer in Burley, Id and dropped it in wvc. I hoped that they would get it repaired before you got to it. Guess Not. Lol.

9. Stroker73

Stroker73 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    I remember the 49er. My trainer took me there a few times in fall of 09. Did a lot of backing practice there, lol. Then he would go home and I would go inside and watch tv til it was time to go. Fond memories and good times. He was a really good trainer.

Lady K Thanks this.
  10. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    My first truck with Central was Dick Simon truck 1357 and it was the best truck I ever drove. She had 650,000 miles on her and we went to 40 states and Canada with no problems. I was at the yard in Fontana when another driver came RUNNING across the yard yelling "That's my old truck!" and told me all kinds of stories about it.

Love the truck so much, its still in my avatar.

11. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Stroker. Long story short that ended up not being my trailer. When I got up the next morning to hit the road that trailer was gone. Turns out my trailer wasn't even loaded yet and would not leave burley till that afternoon. I would have known this had I checked the bills in the trailer I thought was mine. Face palm for first rookie mistake. Lol. Whoever did take that trailer is probably happy I talked to the shop to get it in quicker.

All is well though. Sitting at a TA in Denver, now with the right trailer lol. Deliver in the morning and then dh to Kansas for a meat load that has several stops in WI and IL.

Est. Miles plus my est. Dh puts me at about 1900 miles by tuesday morning. If I could squeeze in another 400 to 500 mile load before Wednesday's cut off I will be more than thrilled with my first week as a solo driver. I know its baby steps but I'm still happy!

unloader

Lady K Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.