Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    I'd really love to have somthing as regular as you guys have. Heck, even if it only got me home once a month or so would be great. I wish I was on a team since they have posted a couple of regular runs out of Phoenix, one that ran to my home state of MO once a week.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere

Hi Passion I can help you with that. I will pm you my Paypal account info and you can just make a generous donation every month. I hate to see you unhappy having to much money.:biggrin_25522: If I would be a drinker I would have a beer for you. :occasion5:

I like living in the neighbor town from my employer. Since we have mostly dedicated runs for our products. I have one run out and get return load back home. Right now I get home Thursday after lunch and leave Friday evenings again.

4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

There are some dedicated fleets that use solos... I'm not sure of which ones, but you can call and ask. There are also the meat runs... lots of night running, but in the KS area i think... I think there might be a couple with UNFI, but I think they would've more on the west coast... But don't quote me :)

5. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Besides a lot of night running, any other disadvantage to meat runs?

6. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Farmland dedicated is meat runs. It's .38/mi, 2300 miles a week. You won't go over 2300 often though, so it's like a salary gig. You do A LOT of sitting at farmland facilities, so you have to be ok with that. The people who run it are picky about things, I hear (like doing a yard check at every pick-up). The upside is you only need 4 months to get on, and they have openings pretty consistently because people bail from it quite a bit.

7. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Lol yeah I'll just send my extra money over your way. Usually I can get a nabisco load headed to Orlando or Miami out of Atlanta and drop it in Ocala, but I guess they don't have any this week. If I'm up north there's usually a Hershey's load going to fl that I can get a drop in Ocala on. Really, getting home is usually just a matter of getting to one of those two places with enough time to make a run home; I guess I'm just unlucky this time.

vikingswen Thanks this.
  8. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Hmmm, 2300 at .38 is 874 compared to .30 after 6 months at 2500-3000 (sound about right for company solo?) which is 750-900.

Makes me wonder if the meat runs are worth it. I live in Ohio, so I wonder if this would get me home more often? If not no biggy, but thatd be another advantage. Are meat loads generally pretty heavy? Any disadvantages?

9. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Man, so couple question for everyone. What do you do for internet on the road? This whole new data package from verizon is eating my wallet. Im already at 3gb and still have a week left, will probably use more when im on my own. I cant seem to find anyone with an unlimited data card/hotspot. Any ideas/suggestions?

Also, do they have a site that you can type in your origin and destination and see what kind of weather you are going to run into? Or is it just about picking major cities and doing independent searches?

10. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Internet is expensive. No way around it. I spend $200-250 a month on my cell bill.

I don't know of any weather site like you suggested, but that would be nice. I usually pay attention to news making weather for a heads up on major wx events, and I use radarUS on my iPad en route. That app shows my current location and shows radar overlaid on a road map. That's pretty useful if you're operating near major wx. It shows me NWS alerts mapped out as well so I can see tornado warnings, severe ts warnings etc in reference to me and my route.

Buckeye91 Thanks this.
  11. Ice Train

Ice Train Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Harkers Island NC
    theres a pretty good app for smart phones that can do this along with show you radar and give you all weather alerts straight to your phone. It's called "radar now". There's a free version that is ok but the paid version is much better and it's only 5 bucks for two years. Also I believe about everyone here will agree when I say that meat loads pretty much all suck! You have a 10 hr dd time at just about all your pickups which puts you sitting a lot and most of the loads are considered "hot" loads and they don't have a lot of screw up or screw off time built in for those days that you really feel like crap and just want a nap. This is why that fleet has such a high turnover. If I'm wrong somebody correct me...

Arkansas Frost and Buckeye91 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.