Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks everyone for the advice and words of support. I plan on making some calls tomorrow morning and see how much effort it takes to get me moving west. A plane ride isn't an ideal answer, as I've got valuables in my truck, and I'm quite a distance from a Central terminal where I'd feel safe parking my truck. Not to mention flying west would necessitate a flight back east. It would be easier, albeit slower, to drive myself west. At this point I've resigned myself to missing the funeral, but can still catch up with family if I'm home by next weekend. So we'll see how things go tomorrow.

As far as Central as a company goes. I still give it pretty high marks for the training (school, not trainER..that's a whole 'nother story), the staff in payroll, most of the staff in the shops and terminals I've visited. Central's OTRM needs to be nuked from orbit (it's the only way to be sure), but that's probably not news...lol.

Anyway, thanks again all for the replies.

Lady K Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Quick question for anyone who knows. As an o/o how does home time work exactly? Here's the deal. I got a load heading to CRSWVC tonight.

I had already planned on taking a 34, but then the mind started thinking since I'm doing a short week why not cruise home for a few days.

If I just set my pta for Thursday morning and tell my DM I'm heading home (six hours away) will that be kosher? Or do I need to submit the request for home time?

Just wondering what the best etiquette is here being that it's kind of instant home time in leau of the new restart rules (which would make my pta Wednesday at 0500 anyway.)

Treputt, I hope you make it home buddy. I can't imagine what this feels like for you.

unloader

4. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    I'd run it by your DM. Technically home time has to be approved in advance, but your DM can work with you a little if they have everything in the area covered or whatever. But I'd definitely ask first. Cuz that 4 days could turn into 6 or 7 if somebody isn't happy about it...

unloader Thanks this.
  5. Oops, sorry Ice Train was meant for Treputt.
    Another word of advice, any problems with OTRM-contact Mark Hadley head guy for shop, if you ar in the right he will correct their mistakes or have a few heads roll.

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

My thoughts and prayers for you...

As others have said, contact the higher ups... Jon Iisacson, etc... CALMLY relay to him what happened... If you can take photos of the conversations via QC before they disappear due to lack of space, plus then you will have them for easy reference and back-up if needed. Not sure if you are L/O or company, but in either case the DM was WRONG!!

This scenario is one of the reasons we chose the lease route... Klingon's Mom had Alzheimer's ... In a facility and not doing well. When she did pass we were near CRSWVC so brought in out trailer, talked to the night folk and let them know the load needed repower and asked if there was a load going west (mainly to pay our way) and there wasn't (so they said) until Monday... And this was a Friday evening... So as L/O we bob tailed all the way from SLC to Sacramento, CA... If we had. Been company drivers we might have had to wait until Monday...

I feel for you... AND the frustration involved!! Just thinking about it is boiling my blood!! Don't give up on Central until you talk to the higher ups... And make SURE you let them know who your DM is!! GRRR!

Treputt and roadlt Thank this.
  7. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    I'm sorry for your loss Treputt. They should have put you on the load I got. Another driver picked it up in Ohio Friday and brought it to me in Minooka, IL on Sat to deliver in Rancho Cucamonga on Monday night. 1935 miles in 3 days is righteous miles, but I'd gladly have taken the hit so a fellow driver could get home for an emergency. And, as things are now, if you feel a plane is an option (I know airlines used to offer discounts for traveling to funerals, not sure about now though), you may be able to take advantage our recent aqcuisition by Swift. They have terminals in NY and PA where your truck would be secure and you might even be able to get a lift to a nearby airport. Oh, and I just noticed, they have a terminal in Richmond, VA too.

Treputt Thanks this.
  8. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012

another driver did that friday too.they brought a load to minooka and it was repowered. and ya i feel bad for Treputt. My uncle died on my last 70 hours of training. I was all the way in Neveda. Closest airport was Salt lake city. I had to rent a car to get back to SLC then take a plane to chicago. Luckily I was a student. But even now id tell em let me drop the load. im taking a plane out.

Treputt Thanks this.
  9. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    Quick update...talked to Tony in Fontana today and he got me fixed up. After I kept getting spammed some auto-message on my QC saying "whenya gonna mac11 the load you've been preset on?", I called Tony in a bit of a rage. He said I had another load out of VA to UT, then from there to CA. "Didn't anyone tell you? Or send you the presets?" No Tony....no one told me...lol.

So now, I get loaded in CT tomorrow AM and head down 95 to VA. Is that road going to be as bad as I fear on a Monday? Someone please tell me it's not so bad. Going up to VT, I took 81/84/91. If I went back the same way, it would add nearly 100 miles to my trip, which they have me routed down 91/95. Roads I've never traveled make me nervous...especially going through NY/Philly/Baltimore/DC all in one afternoon. Well, we shall see. Wish me luck!

*edit* I should point out that after I leave my 99 here, I have an 0830 appt at my 01 in CT. Then the 99 on that load is at 0715 Tue in VA. So I've got no choice but to run down there in the day. So yea...seriously considering taking the long way around, and avoiding the big cities.

10. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Last time I went through NYC it was 0300 and I was delayed 45 minutes. I've also gone through at 2200 and had no delay, so it's a crapshoot.

11. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Baltimore dc area sux, especially if they have construction going on. My least favorite city in the US! Not hard to drive just jam packed with idiots!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.