Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    speaking of home. finally got unloaded in cinci and am now enjoying my crown royal. talk to yall in a couple days. stay safe.

unloader Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ice Train

Ice Train Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Harkers Island NC
    right there with ya! Done had a cold beer or four by the pool and going to the lake with the new boat tomorrow

unloader Thanks this.
  4. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Nothing is worse than a dispatcher and driver not communicating. If I was dispatching in that situation I would have set it up the same way you did. Then right after send a short message saying why you did it that way. And the relay information, so they know they will not be waiting for the other driver.
    Many times I have been on relays like that near home. I get to the swap location and other driver is not there. Find out after a while that since the load had time on it, the other driver assumed that I would be going on break at that location, and would be around a while. So they stopped short and went on break to grab it later.
    Now I am stuck taking a 10 away from home.
    Plus, always give the driver the option of giving their cell number to the other driver.
    This helps with communication also. That way everyone is on the same page. Saves allot of frustration and worry.
    This is one of the key things I would always stress when I was posting here allot for new guys. Communication is the key to making money and staying happy on the road.

5. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    Agreed about the importance of communication. The split was to a drop yard and I included an MT move back to Sumner. So I assumed he would get the clue drop and then go home, but that shows what happens when yiu ASSume things. For those who don't know it makes an ### out of U and ME.

Stroker73 and Lady K Thank this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    emphasis on the ME part. :biggrin_255:

7. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Speaking of communication. I was making plans with my family while at home to go down to tennesse next month to visit family. Well my DM works Fri-monday, so I called him to ask him if that is midwest area to get hometime at. He said, its fine, just let your DM know, I said i am. He says no, your NEW DM, you do know you have a new DM right? Uhhhh, no, no one told me this. So apparently I got switched DMs, its pretty rediculous that no one would tell me. I kind of am pissed off that no one told me. I didnt ask why, but I am kind of assuming that athey did it, because my DM works fri-mon so the operations manager was taking me over tue-thur. so might take some off his plate. Anyone got an opinion on Cody in Rochell? Ive heard decent things so I hope it works out and, most importantly, keeps me moving.

8. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    I'm just impressed that you can actually get a DM to answer the phone or return a call.

Buckeye91 Thanks this.
  9. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    maybe with the new dm he wont. my old dm has only 10 drivers. this one has 40. the rochelle terminal in general is usually pretty good about answering their phones as long as you know their extensions.

10. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Yeah, I just had to vent. The other day, I had a problem, too much for a qc msg, so called DM, left vm, then sent qc msg saying "I was leaving shipper, wouldn't be stopping for a few hours, urgent, pls call". Yep, you can guess...5 hours later, I stop to fuel and have a msg from DM, "what's up?" Fortunately, I erased my reply before sending.

Buckeye91, Lady K and Arkansas Frost Thank this.
  11. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    Since I came off the road, I've found that to be one of the most annoying things. I'll have a short day, 6-8 hours, and just as I'm making plans with the girlfriend for dinner and a night in with the movie, I'll get THE CALL. THE CALL is always "Can you go do this?" And this ends up totally screwing up my plans.

On the plus side, now that I have a new boss, I get THE CALL a lot less. And I like that. She dumped a load on the other local last week though, and he was none too happy about it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.