Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Do you save your footage after every driving shift? Or do you simply record each day and then if nothing eventful happens erase the footage? Seems like if you were to save the footage you'd have quite (as in large GBs of data) the archive by the end of just one week.

unloader

vikingswen Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I'm so glad you had the camera. Insurance fraud is a felony in Cali, so with any luck they'll lock his (delete) up for a while and seize his assets to pay for your bumper and cargo (assuming he actually has anything).

vikingswen Thanks this.
  4. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    I'm sorry, I really shouldn't have used this forum to vent. I work diligently NOT to complain. It just gets real frustrating when little problems are not taken care of on the front end. OK, it's really not that huge a thing. Let me preface this first by saying I'm one of the guys that almost lives in his truck. I have 2 grown kids and in the past 14 months, I've taken home time 7 times just to go see them. I've been divorced 2 years and yes, I need a life and a girlfriend. Maybe i expect too much. My DM does not believe in the telephone and considering I've only tried to call him a handful of times in 8 months, it should be very clear that when I call it means either 5 minutes on the phone or 15 qc msgs. Now which is more efficient? Most of the time qc gets the job done. In fact, we have gone weeks with no communication other than Mac 9, 11, 13, 14, and 16. I like it that way, but there are instances where a conversation is necessary. I'm just po'd that I leave a voicemail to call me and send a mac1 asking to call, and the only response is a qc msg, "what's up?"

I know I'm not getting into specifics of that particular issue, but I have an outstanding record here. I take my job very seriously. I'm "old school" when it comes to business etiquette and I'm just appalled that someone who thinks he is more important than he actually is has no more professionalism than that.

OK, now I have completely vented. Since I'm old enough to be his father, The only thing left to do is drive to West Valley City, take my belt off, and strap his butt. Hey, it worked with my kids. They're about his age and they know how to treat others and are very good communicators.

Treputt, Ice Train and Auteon Thank this.
  5. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    I usually just let it loop and now that I turned the resolution way up it fills up the 32gb card quickly. I usually make a note if I want to look for something and I carry a spare sd card so I can just switch it out to not override the data. My laptop has a slot for the SD card and I can just watch it or copy it to the hard drive.

Stroker73 and Lady K Thank this.
  6. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    The CHP officer wants a copy to give to the DA and we will see if the DA thinks they have a good enough case to charge him. Best money I have spent in a while was buying that dash cam.

Lady K Thanks this.
  7. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  8. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    im pretty sure it had to be atleast a week before i knew, because I looked on our web portal, and it said his name as my DM, but I didnt think anything of it, because I thought maybe he took over while my DM was off during his days off. And im not sure if he came from another terminal or not.

9. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Where is Paul Harvey when you need him? Oh here he is.....

PaulHarvey.jpeg

10. melie

melie Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Marysville CA
    Whelp my husband and I are going to be coming back home. We've been gone for three months trying to find a better niche for us in the Truck industry. but we both found out that the Grass really isn't Greener on the otherside. We've been treated like crap driving sh$# can equipment and fighting for everything even home time. We didn't know what we had til we didn't have it anymore. We're coming back to Central because this company really does care for their drivers. And honestly I have had more peace on this decision on coming back than I have had in the past 3 months that were full of pain fighting and stress. Can't wait to be home again.:biggrin_2559:

Arkansas Frost, Lady K and Stroker73 Thank this.
  11. Stroker73

Stroker73 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    I know exactly how you feel. I would pay to see one of the lazy candya** dm's get his butt whooped. Let me know if you want to sell tickets to this show. Be the best entertainment I had in a year, lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.