Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    I picked up a load in KFCI. It took several hours to drop my mt and pick up my loaded trailer since it was crowded and their lot was a nightmare. This made my delivery at Walmart in Alabama late but within the hour window. When I explained it to the receiver she said her husband was a driver and had told her about that Kraft yard and understood. That Kraft is so bad that they're infamous.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stroker73

Stroker73 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Since the swift takeover, the inspection bay at wvc has been cleaned up real nice. Clean floors and fresh paint. On the downside, the wait time to get in and out has gotten a lot longer. I bob tailed in tonight and saw 2 swift bob tails waiting in line to get in. Some familiar faces have been missing lately. I suspect that the changes in there have made some guys quit rather than change

4. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Well he was a chubby Mexican guy, and I wouldn't want him to take that the wrong way. My dm asked for my scale locations so he should be at least getting the miles paid. Really the alternative is I go ballistic, because my scale miles were 30% of the original load miles. Imcompetence and arrogance really should never mix.

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  5. Truckin2Eat

Truckin2Eat Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    Me and my home boy was thinking of going owner op. To team that way and make more money, he was thinking to find someone with a good truck not many miles trying to get out of a lease with, I'll say maybe 8 months left on the lease. Do anyone know if this would be a great idea especially with the swift change. All negative and positive input is welcome to comment on my post.

6. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Now would be a terrible time to commit to a lease. There are too many unknowns, and any wise entrepreneur avoids unknown risk. Wait until the merger settles down and see where the chips fall.

Doulos, Lady K, Ice Train and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Hey team Klingon! When do they turn the 49er into a peelot? Or have I just not been paying attention?!

8. Arkansas Frost

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    *when did... Jorge is rubbing off on my spell check, jk. So I'm not the only one having a good time I see!! Not gettin into my fiasco about 3 days sitting for 8 hour detention which is still waiting for approval. Gotta love being a "professional trainer" making $300 in a week to risk your life. I guess I'm learning that sacrifice thing I was counseled on. Besides never getting human contact anymore, no one acknowledging problems if they can't fix them, and the fact the weather cost me a huge chunk of fuel (one of the last drivers across Wyoming two nights ago, 65+mph wind!). I'm a happy camper. I feel like I'm 17 again with this stress acne popping up. Any luck it'll be gone by my 35th birthday... ;) still, I move that freight lemme tell ya!! Glad very one seems to have made it thru turkey day relatively unharmed. I refuse to stay in a bad mood.

Lady K Thanks this.
  9. Arkansas Frost

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Side note: this is nowhere near normal. I've never been out in that situation before, and I don't think this will be an ongoing thing. I'm still irate but trucking isn't always a perfect world. Adapted and moving along. Just had my biggest week ever so I'll be over this in about 7 days...

10. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

It's been a few years... Not sure exactly... Are you in town? We are on home time and live <10 miles away :)

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  11. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    nope. i do my own. pilot/petro/ta. being local is different. but to tell you the truth.even when i was midwest i didnt ever listen. hope it doesnt go in affect cuz its an inconveniece

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.