Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeetarGuy

GeetarGuy Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Colorado someplace....
    So how long would that take anyway? I just want to live by my own means instead of asking my Mom for money from the inheritance she got from her Father dying this last year....Even though he was my biological Grandfather I feel like a total ### and loser but I really have no other choice!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GeetarGuy

GeetarGuy Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Colorado someplace....
  4. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    ----------

:biggrin_2553:

5. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    If that possession is with intent you have no chance. Someone got the boot in my class for pwi in 1996, and he told them about it up front. If its not with intent then you might have a shot, as long as its just ONE felony, but don't quote me on that.

6. GeetarGuy

GeetarGuy Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Colorado someplace....
    Just one- and no intent.

Crying because I couldn't erase an accidental post that had to have 8 characters, Rizen? Sorry about that- not looking for feedback from EX truckers anyway.

7. RizenPhoenix

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    It was a joke, I answered your ...... with ------. It was just meant to be silly. Lighten up. As for as not wanting my feedback, realize I've only been out of the industry for a year and I'll be returning to driving before this year is up, most likely at Central Refridgerated. In addition my wife is in training at Central right now so I think at times I might have a pearl of wisdom or two. So for your rudeness may I not so humbly suggest you KMA. I'll give my opinion whenever I want to, it's up to you if you want to take it to heart or not.

8. RizenPhoenix

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Okay, gonna put this in this thread since I couldn't get an answer over in the company DAC section.

I have a specific question for the lease op's at Central.

Do they have an over-mileage charge? (i.e. Say if you run more then 2700 miles in a week you have to pay $.25 per mile for every mile over the 2700)

If the answer is yes at what mileage does it kick in and how much per mile is it?

:biggrin_2556:

9. GeetarGuy

GeetarGuy Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Colorado someplace....
    It's all good- I suspected YOU of being rude, so for that I apologize....it was the little crying face thing that made me think it wasn't a joke. Or is that supposed to be a laughing till you cry face?? I don't know. But I have seen some people on here being rude for little or no apparent reason and I don't care for that type of attitude. Opinions and open minded discussion I completely welcome!
    That's as close to a kiss as you'll get from me, though- anywhere- LMAO!

I wish your wife the best of luck in the school- and to you as well- no hard feelings I hope. None here. Actually I hope to be coworkers and friends eventually!

10. RizenPhoenix

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    No problems, and thanks for the PM as well. Good luck with your job hunt. I always thought is was laughing so hard it was crying.

11. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Yes Rizen there is over mileage. Especially for teams. You can figure it will run anywhere from $400-$800. Your lease payment is going to be roughly $1000 a week. That includes truck, insurance(bobtail, liability etc..) permits, qualcomm rental, mostly the basics. DOES NOT INCLUDE: fuel, maintenance, breakdowns, tax accountant, medical insurance, scales, tolls, food, hotels etc... I am sure I am forgetting something but those are the major ones. Also that over mileage is not included. It will be extra on top of your normal payment and they usually only charge you once a month for this. The over miles are calculated by the month. Its something like anything over 11,000. As a husband/wife team you should be running 23,000-28,000 a month.

I would highly recommend you drive company for at least 8-10 months if not a year. You have no idea what you will be getting for miles and no idea who you will end up with for a dispatcher. You also have your honeymoon phase in which you will be getting good miles right off the bat. This could be a conspiracy theory or sound funny but it seems as if all new drivers get run hard for the first month then things settle down. Could it be because they want you to lease or just coincidence? Either way just don't jump right into leasing. Run company and get a feel for how things are going. Keep track of everything you do as if you were owner operators and see how you do. Make your decision from there. Provided you get a good dispatcher, personally I do recommend leasing for husband/wife teams. You can make a lot of money! Wouldn't be out of the norm to rake in over $200,000 your first year!

RizenPhoenix Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.