Central Refrigerated Truck Stop III

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Lady K, Feb 19, 2014.

1. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Apparently the swift system can dispatch you automatically without a dispatcher so if your loads are real tight thats why. After all we all know how infallible computers are right. My dm said he will be dispatching me manually which makes me happy. Now i feel bad because i was getting annoyed with the planner when she just literally found that out herself. From what my dm says shes ticked because shes been busy as heck fixing appointments and not knowing whats the cause.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dfaf

dfaf Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    California
    Well my truck didn't seem to have the sensors that detect if you are following to close (i know this from getting cut off multiple times since I've had the truck and never getting a flag) and automatic braking that goes along with that system, so they could be adding those. The camera thing bugs me, I wouldn't mind a outward facing camera, but an in cab camera bugs me... I really hope they don't put one in, I don't think i'd feel comfortable in the truck any more. I bought a cheap $20 dash cam that seems alright, lost the power cord for it so I haven't gotten a chance to use it.

4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

We have the On Guard... It came with the truck... I don't think it would be an easy install, so you probably don't have to worry about that one :)

5. dfaf

dfaf Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    California
    The way the safety guy was talking about it made it sound like a standard system. You are more than likely right. On a positive note the hotel I'm in is a step up from the econo lodge I stayed in while attending school. I'd still rather be in my truck...

6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    The system will auto dispatch on your next load at your e call or acceptance of the preplan, provided you have a trailer attached to you or you picked one up on your e call.

If you're bob tail to a pu or your DM has to dispatch you.

If you are not properly dispatched when you do your arrival and L call the system will revert to the last load you were on ... probably the reason a lot of you are getting load has already e called message. The system doesn't see as dispatched.

Arkansas Frost and Lady K Thank this.
  7. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    I always heard a rumor that swift trucks had black boxes in them. As in audio recording like in a airplane. But I just took that as a trucker rumour. So I'll be surprised if they put one in your truck.

8. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not really sure myself what the actual topic of conversation is. However i have a question. Is their a better quality of inverter i can buy. My 1000watt power drive beeps once and resets when i try to run my 600 watt microwave. I checked and tighted the connections to the battery and to the inverter. No dice so far:/

9. Stroker73

Stroker73 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Probably not the brand of inverter that's the problem. Wattage is only part the issue. While your wattage is ok, a microwave pulls a much higher amperage at startup than it does when running. That amperage spike is likely more than your inverter can handle. 1000 watts is good for a laptop, tv or game system, a bit small for a microwave.

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  10. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Wow, y'all are running into the stuff I've been seeing all month. I send the macros once. If it don't work, I send a 0 and say this loaded call isn't going and yes I put a "C" in front of the trailer number. Hafta get moving if I'm gonna be on time!! They always fix it. If they don't, call Phoenix and they will. Swift has a policy not to talk to a driver that is driving, so keep that in mind if you have to call them. My only problem is being planned slow now. I'm running like a really good solo driver and since I can run that way on my own I'm starting to reconsider this whole mentor thing. It took me 14 hours to make Houston from Dallas the other day and that was after a very detailed training day. I only tried it cuz it was suppose to be 4 hours and I wanted to be close to the 90. Turns out texans and ice don't mix!! Lol. Hope y'all are being safe and Rollin with the punches. I saw a central driver in Denver the other night that said "the transition has been fine." Lol. I kinda went eyebrow up on him and said, "yeah it has." Not sure he caught my sarcasm... Be safe y'all, IT'S SPRING!!!

11. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    That rumor is so old. The only sensors that we have on our trucks is stopping and rollover. They would only be sending it to the dealership if it was involving some sensors that are under a warranty, or if the electrical problem could be something that was just starting that the computer was picking up when they were testing, and again, warranty. There are many of our shops that will not touch problems with a truck that has to deal with a warranty. We even have some shops that if you are having a issue and it involves hooking up the computer, they will not even do that if warranty, and send the truck to a dealership.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.