Central Refrigerated Truck Stop III

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Lady K, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    And to add to what Buckeye said:

They originally put me in a Freightliner FLD (The one in my avatar).

It already had 450,000 miles on it and ran like a champ. Only problem I ever had was a shredded fan belt.

Then they "upgraded" me to a brand new Cascadia with only 7 miles on it. That brand new truck never even hoped to be the truck that the old one was.

So don't be worried if they assign you to a well used truck.

Buckeye91 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Very true.

4. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Guys/gals. I woke up in the middle of the night from a nightmare that i was working for swift. The one company I said I'd never work for when I decided to come in this industry. Then I realized it wasn't a dream. So I had to cry myself back to sleep

And swift. If you're reading this. Stop treating your drivers like children. We are grown ### adults. If you have to micro manage your employees as bad as you do. Then maybe that should tell you something about the drivers you're hiring.

5. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Anyone else having issues with the information they give you for loads. I just got to grand island NB to pick up a Millard Refrigerated load last night at 22:00 place was closed so i had to go back today at 0800. Turns out i was supposed to be there at 08:00 yesterday the 9th. My delivery appointment is now the 12 at 00:00 when the qualcomm says the 14 at 07:00 what the heck are they smoking?

6. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Be careful. Don't insult swift and their perfect 90s style system. Your miles might magically get reduced. But rest assured. Office workers know it all.

7. Ice Train

Ice Train Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Harkers Island NC
    +1 my friend +1 look it up on here and learn what it is and how to get around or fool it or you'll forever be sending in Mac 22s and getting service failures unless you choose to run like a raped ape every day all day. I was coors dedicated so I didn't have to deal with their load optimizer software but as a general rule you'll have too. Their system seems ancient however it's pretty up to date there's just to dang many people trying to do what one central DM used to do , in other words half the time the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. My advice to all you central drivers who are left would be to get on a dedicated fleet ASAP and start and maintain a very good line of communication with your DL. Let them know exactly what you want and how you want it, a good DL will TRY to work with you.

Buckeye91, marlowhy and Lady K Thank this.
  8. We second Ice Trains opinion... Go dedicated.

Lady K Thanks this.
  9. Stroker73

Stroker73 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Ice Train,
    i never heard the term "run like a raped ape" til I was trained by a fellow named Bobby W. from the Atlanta area. You happen to know him? or is that term more common than I think.

10. Ice Train

Ice Train Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Harkers Island NC
    i dont know how popular it is, I picked it up from one of my friends in the army down at Ft. Campbell he was from Dalton GA so maybe it's a GA thing. Lol. Who knows. Yeah I knew bobby I'm not sure if he's still training or even still at central though.

Stroker73 Thanks this.
  11. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It just is not my week they stuck me with a costco run from morris IL to coralville IA . Got that delivered this morning and pulled a swift trailer back to morris and costco wouldnt let me take an empty. So marshall told me to bobtail into roadrunner here in bollingbrook to grab my preloaded trailer going to denver. Well roadrunner doesnt have a load to denver so i am waiting for customer service and west valley to figure out where my load is. This is the fourth weekend in a row I have had to sit. Starting to get real annoying.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.