Central Refrigerated Truck Stop III

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Lady K, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Haven't been to WVC in awhile, but I avoid the Swift shops like the plague. I've been to 2 and have been treated rudely at both. Won't mention any locations, but one is in the Capitol of Ohio, and the other in PA. Total jerks. I've noticed Rochelle has a little attitude also and I used to prefer Rochelle. Anyway, with all that said, I will say anytime I've had to call Phoenix; ie: payroll or hr, I get treated professionally and with respect and problem solved quickly. But they can take the shops and shove 'em where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

JCT is on our list... Not sure if we want to be paid by the mile or %, even researching getting our own authority ;)

We know there will be a learning curve, and we will probably get bit in the shorts a few times, but if we goof up it will be on US not our DM or planner or company we are leased to... The "buck" will stop with us!

Kinda nice to have options and dreams :D

unloader Thanks this.
  4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

We always went with a lower number... FL said 50K we went 35K... Use to really mess with the shop at Central because we would turn our paperwork in (never had the terminal shop touch our truck!) and they wouldn't record it, because it wasn't time... Then 50K rolled around and we would resend the paperwork, and when our 35K rolled around again, it still wasn't time in their book... LOL! BUT... I think our truck has run much better than some of the other trucks out there just for that reason... More frequent maintenances... Sure in the short term more $$ out of pocket, but less in the long term (so far)...

EDITED TO ADD... Sorry ... That was for the oil change and filters... Klingon has a grease gun and crawls around under the truck every couple of weeks... Figure we run 5K/week.

5. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ugh balony, got a call yesterday afternoon from my dm he said he needs my help with a load going from americold in massillion OH to Harry Teeter in NC. So after finding a trailer and getting thru rush hour traffic in Columbus I get to massilion and the loads preloaded. I was like sweet so I run I-77 all the way down to I-40 to get too harry teeter in Greensboro NC. They said oh you where supposed to be here by 12:30pm you have to call your dm and reschedule. So i just walked up to check if they could unload it early. Guard shack people are board because the grocery dc is not busy atm, oh sir the earliest we can unload you is 9:15pm. Sigh I am just not going to help my dm or anyone else out anymore. I shouldve just enjoyed my home time. That and it does not make sense why they can only receive frozen stuff at certain hours, seriously its your freight get it off my truck. I wish I had someone to put in a complaint too.

6. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I got a notice via email about an opt-in for a lawsuit against Central Ref. I'm not good with legal mumbo jumbo, but it says something about not being paid federal minimum wage as an independent contractor with them. Anyone else get an email, or a letter stating something along those lines?

unloader

7. DragonHalo99

Apr 29, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No not a thing. I would be carefull could be legit or someone trying to scam you in some way.

8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

No email but there is a lawsuit that I know of... http://getmansweeney.com/current-cases/central-refrigerated-forced-labor-minimum-wage ...

9. DragonHalo99

Apr 29, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If i joined that lawsuit would swiftral try to retailiate against me and how would it affect me? To be 100% honest this whole l/p was a mistake from day 1. I figured the truckers sitting at ta and petro where lazy and didnt work hard and if I worked hard it would work out. I now owe each of those truckers a beer when there not driving of course....

10. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    ya but the warnings are all over this forumn. i knew since day 1 lease is bad. i understand though some people dont have the credit or money. but your better off finding a place that has low lease payments after 3 years the truck is yours. unless you team/train lease solo is a little hard. not always though many do well. dm is a huge factor.

11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

I am so frustrated with this company and it's petty penny pinching! They wonder (well maybe they really don't give a ****) why stuff doesn't get fixed on these trailers? I'll give you a perfect example... Picked up a trailer, two (note TWO) lower clearance lights out. One crushed with fresh damage on the trailer (wonder who did that one) and the other just burned out. We stopped at a Loves, they had the lights, and were going to replace them... Especially as we could reach these. Call OTRM to get reimbursed for the cost of use lights, and get the story from them that they (Central OTRM) are not able to give POs to drivers any more. We will need to take the trailer to a TA/Petro/Ambest to get them fixed... Nearest TA said FOUR hour wait!!! Which you KNOW means a minimum of six! So we call Swift breakdown which has done the PO thing before with us, and they give us the run around and try to send us back to Central OTRM...

We we have to fight to get reimbursed for load locks to protect the load... Where we drop we have seen many in bound loads with no load locks, or with the seals broken and no load locks... I can understand why! Now getting a hassle when we want to pull a functioning trailer!

We have the lights, we can reach them and will change them so OUR backside isn't swinging in the wind... But they will get changed back at our drop in Aurora just like everyone else is doing because the company doesn't give a flying **** about us or the equipment out here!!

END OF RANT...

PS... One of the many reasons why I don't think we will be around here (Central) much longer. We don't HAVE to put up with this any more!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.