Central Refrigerated Truck Stop III

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Lady K, Feb 19, 2014.

1. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Wasn't Gary the guy who did ran the last day of orientation? Strict military dude whose wife was the good looking Blonde who worked somewhere on floor 2? I think so. He had some pretty funny stories about when he used to train. Not gonna lie, I would've hated him as my trainer! lol

What do you deliver locally? Never gonna drive a desk again are you lol?

unloader

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigMuthaTrucka

BigMuthaTrucka Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    West Valley City, Utah
    Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys work as a trainer at Central Refrigerated, and how much $$$ you really make, they claim $80,000. Do you still have to lease a truck/ic to train?

4. Mikestgeorge

Mikestgeorge Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Why lease see if you can't make $80k a year solo?

5. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Yeah. I remember him. His wife was nancy in recruiting. It doesn't surprise me one bit. Awhile back I was hearing that all the higher ups were forced to take paycuts. Guess this kind of confirms it.

6. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    @ company drivers: Has anyone figured out how to buy additives with your Comdata card? I've tried a dozen times, when I fuel I select "yes" to buy additional products inside. Then I go inside, try to get a gallon of coolant or washer fluid or motor oil and it's always declined.

7. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    you can't. You have to guess how much your total is for the additives. Then request a company advance (Mac 28?) for the amount. Then write a comcheck for the additives. And take the po they give you. And write it along with your truck number, driver code, and trip number on your receipt and turn it in to get reimbursed. If you have money left over from the advance you just keep it and they'll just take it out of your check. an easier way is to just call OTRM let them know what ta or petro you're gonna be at and what you need. Then go to the shop. Not the fuel desk. Grab what you need and tell them to call central OTRM for a card number. You don't have to send in that receipt.

Clyde07 Thanks this.
  8. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Thanks Buckeye, guess I'll just keep paying out of pocket and turning in receipts.

9. Mikestgeorge

Mikestgeorge Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Driver trust issues

10. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    Yup that was him and your right driving a desk is not for me. Although I was offered a job yesterday, operations manager for a small company in the Portland area. 60k plus 10% of profit as a bonus. Plus all our family lives in Portland area.
    I'm probably going to pass because I like my job, I hate sitting at a desk, and it rains too much in Portland. But the extra pay and being close to family would be nice.

As far as what I'm doing now, I am contracted with Charter Cable and run supplies from their hub in Kennewick WA. To their spoke locations around eastern OR and eastern WA.
    I'm hauling pallets of cable boxes, hd receivers, DVR's and modems, as well as all the tools and bits and cable for the installers.

11. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    It was a year ago, but the last year I drove I cleared 90k after expenses but before tax. That being said it almost cost me my wife and kids as the 6 weeks out 2 days off I worked was not very conducive to family life. I'm happy to work about half as much and get paid less and see my family every night.
    When I worked there I had to lease to be a trainer, I am not sure if that has changed.

Lady K and BigMuthaTrucka Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.