Central Refrigerated Truck Stop III

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Lady K, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

When was it last calibrated? As to what would happen... If it was Central I could hazard a guess, but Swiftral?? No clue!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    It always makes me wonder how they can trust us with a $ 120,000 truck and a $ 66,000 trailer but can't trust us to buy an $18 gallon of antifreeze.

drvrtech77 and Lady K Thank this.
  4. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Truck and product have insurance. There's no insurance against angry employees selling additives.

BigMuthaTrucka Thanks this.
  5. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster I can just go to a truck stop and by what I need and turn the reciept in. That's a lot to go through for a bottle of coolant.

6. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Be careful doing that. Under 20 dollars you're good. But over 20 you have to have a po number issued by your dm.

7. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I don't work for Central/Swift. Was always looking into Central but they were not interested in me at the time, they had the same deal Stevens did, because I was an experienced driver and wasn't willing to lease, they had no interest in me. But I know quite a few Swift and Central guys, never had much bad to say about either.

Buckeye91 and Lady K Thank this.
  8. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Buckeye, you are my friend and I know you are right. It's a respect thing for me.

***warning, rant ahead***

When I first started with this company, qualcomms were so new that we still carried an ashtray full of quarters so we could call Salt Lake City (West Valley City) when we had a question. It felt like we were a team-- I called my FM my Travel Agent because he told me where to go and got directions if necessary.

The mechanics responded to anything you needed because they understood that they are an important part of the team and they had the resources and the trust to get the job done. I remember they used to call up a driver and say, "I hear you are in Cheyenne. We have a truck overheating on I-80. Can you grab a couple gallons of antifreeze and help out on your way by."

We trusted each other-- Hell, we had to trust each other because back then we needed to do whatever necessary to get the job done.

There was PRIDE in trucking for this company, from the kids in the wash bay all the way up to the CEOs of Nestle and Kraft, who knew we could get the job done.

Ice Train and Lady K Thank this.
  9. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    yeah. There is no respect anymore. Dms get angry if you call them instead of qualcomming them. Mechanics get angry if you make them do work. Etc etc.

i wish there here was something we could do to change it. But from the looks of it, I don't see anything I can do besides keep driving, enjoying my job, and still show that respect to other people in this industry, even if I have to bite my tounge and show the respect to the a holes of the industry, at least I know I'm not being an a hole myself.

Lastkidpicked Thanks this.
  10. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Even us... We don't go back quite that far, but far enough to where we had one DM, one payroll clerk... Someone that knew us and would talk to us, even about stuff that wasn't company business. We were people to them, not just a driver code or truck number. Central used 'carrots' to encourage folks to do things... Swift uses the 'stick' method... Do this or 'safety hold'! No idea who you are talking to in settlements, so if you have the same issue week after week (our case was (notice I said WAS.. We are resigning) load locks) you have to repeat the history of your issue EACH AND EVERY TIME!! We also got a different response almost every time too! Even the one that said, "you're an O/O, that's a cost of doing business, but you can take it off on your taxes." Even had one call our supplier and verify that the load locks weren't already being billed to Swift!!

Yeah... Trust and team work is totally out the window... And we are out the door... We are on our last out and back now...

GabeScott and Lastkidpicked Thank this.
  11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Best wishes to the Klingons on starting their new adventure!

Lady K Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.