Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    No, not a fleet of central trucks... that's just plain crazy. Leasing one is tough enough ad it is. Lol my current lease ends in October.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

With those new trucks coming in - who gets those? Company drivers? Lease drivers? Luck of the draw? Company drivers that have been there a while? New company drivers? Just curious - LOL!

4. bigrigtruckdriver

bigrigtruckdriver Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Anywhere,US
    Yeah I'll be working out of the walmart DC in Gas City, In again I-69 exit 59

5. bigrigtruckdriver

bigrigtruckdriver Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Anywhere,US
    my buddy was telling me he is leasing a W9 from them, but they are going to get Freightshaker Coronado's in and he wants one bad

6. poolplyntrucker

poolplyntrucker Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Kentucky
    Checking in....passed the Work Well test,was doable but wasn't easy. We we're suppose to start with 50, only 37 showed up, already lost 4! Those were just do to misdemeanor reasons, let's see how many we lose after background and dirty pee tests. Its been a good day, no complaints! Gonna eat lunch now,starving! Ladyk I'm gonna see if I can get info on who gets the new trucks, ie the pecking order! Lol

7. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Sweet - thank you :) I will be joining Klingon - so if he gets a choice I hope he picks a good one - LOL! Heck - even if he doesn't get a choice - I hope we get a good one - (good one = one that runs and doesn't spend time in the shop :biggrin_2551:)

I'm getting excited - and anxious to get this show on the road!! 12 days and a wake up until I fly out of here!! :biggrin_255:

8. Smurfette

Smurfette Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    To tell you normally when they order trucks not to many of those will go to company drivers. The lease ops that are up soon get a choice of the new trucks they get in to replace theirs. Then the old lease becomes a new company truck and is given to a newbie. I have heard there were a couple newbies that got 2011 trucks but that is very rare.

9. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    That's the nice thing about Central, as opposed to CR England and some of the others. They put my co-driver and I together, and we are most definitely not married.

10. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon

Depends on the truck. I would bet that all Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks will be lease op only trucks. Whatever truck they get in abundance will also be company trucks. Used to be Volvos, then it was Internationals, and I have no ideas what next year will be. If they're getting Freighlinters, and not a lot of them, they'll be lease trucks as well.

Whatever the new company truck will be, it usually breaks down so that older drivers that have been here a while will get a chance at a truck, along with teams about to put too many miles on their truck. Then it's drivers who have high milage trucks, and upgrades who really need a truck and only new trucks are available.

Several new drivers got the 2011 Internationals, because they ordered a bunch of lightweight trucks ideal for solos. So, they put a number of new drivers in them. I actually saw 2 people in one, and there's no way I would team, or have passenger in one, they're just too small.

11. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    Actually, smurfy, you gave me an idea! Need to run some numbers first. Thanks!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.