Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Got that right!!!! Usually try to catch me an hrs nap bout that time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jeepintrucker

Jeepintrucker Light Load Member

Stuck in Omaha at a flying j. Was 100 ft behind a 30+ car pile up with about 10 semi everywhere. We shut down on the shoulder as it was a without. Everyone was on the cb telling everyone no visibility. Three trucks blew past us and into a mountain of cars.

JimBob24 Thanks this.
  4. bigrigtruckdriver

bigrigtruckdriver Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Anywhere,US
    I normally work nights, usually my girlfriend calls if she is running overnight so I talk to her to keep her awake, but if not I am always usually available most nights. I prefer to run all night anyway and sleep during the day. I have always been a night person my whole life. I am the perfect team partner in that respect anyway.

5. bigrigtruckdriver

bigrigtruckdriver Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Anywhere,US
    Serious question and need a serious answer for a friend. Does BOSSJ still dispatch for Central?

6. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    this Piggly Wiggly in Bessemer, AL is HORRIBLE! they call a bunch of trucks in at the same time and chaos ensues. it will take you about 30 minutes to back into your door because alot of trucks are going everywhere in seemingly random directions. some are stopped to open their doors right where you need to be to back into your door. If i ever come back to this place it will be way too soon! :biggrin_25510:

7. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I have found that when that starts happening to me, if I just pull over, toss my pillow on the steering wheel and grap an hour, I'm good for the rest of my run.

8. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    wish I had a digital camera and knew how to upload pics on here. Would show the results of why one should NOT blindside. Amazing how much damage there is to my trk for how slow he was going.

9. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    "Stuck in Omaha at a flying j. Was 100 ft behind a 30+ car pile up with about 10 semi everywhere. We shut down on the shoulder as it was a without. Everyone was on the cb telling everyone no visibility. Three trucks blew past us and into a mountain of cars."

This is why I tell the newbies it is so important to have a CB! I bet those three trucks didn't have radio's or didn't have them turned on. I have so really good video of a situation just like that in Amarillo on 40 one day. I had never seen so many trucks off the road, jacked, flipped, crashed together, etc...!!!

As for the 4 am nap, that's actually prime time coma sleep! Perfect time to get a an hour recharge! Right before the sun rises is statistically the worst time for the body to be awake driving. Goes back to the circadian rhythm thingy! When we were driving team I was always so envious of all the little truckers snug in their sleepers at the truck stops and pickle parks as we drove by! It would make me so tired thinking about it!:biggrin_25518:

10. celticwolf

celticwolf Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    I will not teach my body it's ok to sleep on or at the steering wheel.. jump in the back and nap..

11. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    That is one thing we were tought us in the Army. Best time for an attack is between 3am and sunrise..... That is the time frame that most people are dozing and can not concentrate on what they are doing...
    Standing Guard or Driving....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.