Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celticwolf

celticwolf Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    You drove from the T/A to your 99 with no fluid in the hub?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Way to run the miles DAnderson! Don't run them with no oil in the hubs though! It's good you caught that. A lot of new drivers probably don't do their PTI's thoroughly enough!

4. Jeepintrucker

Jeepintrucker Light Load Member

celtic, its not empty, streaks on the alum wheel. im going to drive it 10 miles to TA, but its far from empty. I have been a diesel mechanic for 5 years, I know I can do a hub seal in 1.5hrs easy, taking my time. But not sure what book time is.

Chompi, im very nit picky on my PTI, as any tickets I get will hinder me later in my new career from getting a job or better opportunity. Sad thing is, 3100 miles was super easy. I could have done 35-3600 easy, but i did sit a few hours waiting on loading times. Im not trying to make central dish out tons of money, but I wont run with a leaky or illegal truck.

5. mxzhead

mxzhead Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2011
    HI everyone. I start school in modesto,ca in 2 weeks been reading here now for a couple weeks. you all seem to be very helpful to each other. what trucks are the rookies getting ? seems most of you have the prostars or volvos from what i've read.

6. celticwolf

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Depends on what is in the lot when you upgrade, but mainly newer Prostars and older Volvos

7. Jeepintrucker

Jeepintrucker Light Load Member

I had a choice, 387-w900l, prostar or a vnl-670. I wanted the volvo, the kw, pete did not have the Icon, which is a godsend is summer, to keep the idle time down, and batts up if you have a day off and like to use the computer or the tv alot.

8. celticwolf

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Whew!! You did make sound like it was empty. :biggrin_25525:

9. John Patrick

John Patrick Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2011
    california
    Hi,
    Fontana, march 21st, see everyone there.
    Happy St. Ptricks day

10. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    Poolply we live about 20 min from hexcel in decatur. That is one thing we miss about 48 states is those hexcel runs out of the house.

For everyone's knowledge, you can fuel where you need to as long as they accept comdata. We got stuck twice and couldn't get responses and found out. As company we tried to stick to the routing but we were at gross with that t2000 more than not. We ended up going l/o after we had a severe issue and had to pay cash for fuel and I had to fight to get it back, that and the "move that load, or else" attitude. We don't move unless we feel safe now.

Our 386 weighs 34500 with an empty trailer, 1/2 tanks, and fuel tanks on reefer full.

11. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    Wtf do these guys take a break after every truck they inspect??!!

Lady K Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.