Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celticwolf

celticwolf Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    In 30 minutes I won't have enough time to make it back to Conley.. good news is in 3.5 hour I will. Hahah. Sometimes 8/2 split works for you..

JimBob24 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. celticwolf

celticwolf Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Mikey what was bad on the inspection?

4. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    he didnt write up the citation as an inspection like he could have.

5. mikley28

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    im still wondering how i got through the Iowa scales like that. :biggrin_2559:

6. rakusa

rakusa Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2005

A while back I heard some old timer talking on the CB about NE priding itself about being a 0 tolerance weigh station state. The other states seem to care about gross only.

The old timers story and I mean it, he was in his 70's.
    He was carrying potato's and was 800lbs over on the tandems but had them slid all the way back. The weigh station said if he could get the weight off she would let him go but he could not dump 800lbs of potatoes anywhere on the weigh station property... so he started moving them from the trailer into his cab.

He said he filled every space of his cab with potatoes and could barely see out the pass window. When he went to weigh he made it but was one tired pup.

===========================

Another was in a blizzard, a lady driver was overweight and the same female weigh station person said she had to get the snow off to cut weight. The driver lady said she only had a screw driver so the station lady told her to start chiseling.

===========================
    2 yrs ago in the communist state of CA I was 1800 over on the drives after sliding them the wrong way and 2 ft over 40' my first month solo.

He came out and tape measured the 40' and let me get under 34k to not get anything other than a ticket for 2' over 40.

I got under 34k but nailed for $185.

So don't feel too bad about $123.

7. mikley28

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    I definitely didn't feel bad about the $123. He didn't even write it up as a level 3 inspection like he could have then have this citation go on my csa record.

8. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

800 LBS of potatoes in the cab , HMM .

If they were loaded loose he would of had fun the moment he opened the trailer doors , bagged might have been doable ( only 8 , 100 Lb bags ) but still not much room in the old trucks with their massive 36" flat top bunks.

9. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I would have taken the CSA violation.
    There are no points for weight violations. They took that out before the program started, since it was messing up the load securement basic, and they did not think it was a safety issue.
    So yes, you would have seen a weight violation on your csa, but no, you would have no points for it.

10. mikley28

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    i didnt know they took off the points

11. JimBob24

JimBob24 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Cedar Creek, WA
    Mike, Iowa might be like Ohio. They said they usually allow 1k over. I was 2. $182 Some formula they make up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.