Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    If you have a laptop, I suggest you get one of those all in one printers from walmart for about $50. Many times trip pak lost my paperwork and I had to email copies of my scanned bills and receipts to my payroll clerk. If you have internet in the truck, even better. Go into payroll and ask about in cab BOL scanning. Its software from trip pak that allows you to scan your documents and it goes straight to Trip Pak and you keep the hard copies for 90 days. Again you will need a scanner.

Raincatcher Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. road runner 9630

road runner 9630 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Copies. Call and fax them in. If they have them make sure you wrote the po # on he trip pack. Try calling xpay if need po. They maybe can help.

4. nomadtrucker

nomadtrucker Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    LMAO, yeah I been there and done that. It sounded like a rod was coming through the floorboards by my left foot. It is a recall item and all it amounts to is a piece of rubber that they install in the clutch linkage somewhere. It takes 2 min for them to figure out what it is, 1.5 days to get the part from Chicago and 10 min for them to put it in. Some day when you need a restart, take it to a dealer. If you have a lot of hours left on your 70, keep driving. The guys in OTRM wanted me to have my truck towed in, but I just happened to be going past a dealer and drove it in. Load was re-powered and it was a bad week for miles. BTW, the noise went away for about a week and it is now back. Just turn up the radio, the noise goes away. LOL

5. nomadtrucker

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    LOL, the fuel routing system is based on 5mpg. If you plan your trip and can run it right you will be able to figure your miles to coincide with stopping at nite to fuel in the morning and save your 15 min pretrip by fueling at the same time. they always route you to take advantage of the cheapest fuel. the latest routing they have me on is to fill at $3.35 per gallon, then drop in 71 gallons at $3.42 per gallon, then go another 200 miles and fill at $3.35 per gallon. If I was putting in 150 gallons that would be a cost difference of $10.50 in cost to me. For the time I spend getting on and off the freeway, burning the extra line 4 time it isn't worth it to me to make the extra stop. I can fill the tank, spend the 10 bucks and make it all the way to the 99. Since I am running between 6-8mpg, I can probably make it to the next stop without the 71 gallons anyway.

6. nomadtrucker

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Yes, I have had that 'blessing' also. I got it cleared up in a 5 min phone call. They found the receipts and credited the money within 2 hours. If they lost the receipts, they will credit the money when the cancelled check comes in. Bug them about it every couple of days. The 'problem' is that you can write two checks on each p.o. they give you. I recently had a guy tell me that the lumper fee was 180.00 and then when I brought him the check he said it was only 890. So I re-wrote the check for 80 and then wrote myself a check for the other hundred. It's a nice way to get an advance if you need one and just got off hometime. It does come out of your next check, but....

7. nomadtrucker

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I had that same problem with a reefer and it was a few pounds down on Freon and they found a small leak. they were trying to tell me it was because the stuff they put in there wasn't frozen. Funny, they pulped the load and listed the temps on the bills and they were at -7 when they went into the reefer... OTRM can really be dunder heads sometimes. If they were out here running they would notice the same things that we have become accustomed to in running these things.

8. nomadtrucker

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    The company gets the refund, NOT the o/o driver. That is why the paper that they will give you in the fuel dept is nice to have. It tells you where it is NOT wise to get fuel because the tax is so high. Like CA, horrible, something like 1.35 per gallon. Not to worry though, they never use the money on roads, just steal it to use elsewhere when they run out of money (which is always).

9. nomadtrucker

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    You have to REQUEST to be on a team, or find a person that will team with you. Central has teams, but more solo than team. I think you are getting confused with England. they stick you on a team if you don't have a partner. they do have some solo drivers but they are usually drivers with a lot of years of experience.

10. nomadtrucker

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Very easy, run a lot of miles. They figure the moving miles against the parked miles with the engine running. The comp knows when you have the parking brake on and the trans in neutral. Don't run the engine while you are fueling, switching trailers or doing macros. Sleep at nite as much as you can if your load allows it and use the bunk heater with no heat to move air around. Get a fan in a truck stop that is 12 volt. It's gonna be hot almost everywhere soon, humid in some places. Summer is tough.

I just read a post about unplugging your qualcomm fuse. Don't know if that works but I think they will catch on after awhile when your fuel economy stats don't add up to the miles you drive.

11. nomadtrucker

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I almost had a load going there a week ago. In their infinite wisdom they took that one away and had me deadhead 240 miles to pickup a load I didn't have enough hours to run instead. I keep telling them, sometimes I think they need better quality hearing aid batteries.

If you are in Salt Lake on the 29th I will be there then for a drop. then I am hoping a load home. My anniversary is on the 4th and it would make my wife happy if I was there, really 'unhappy' if I am not.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.