Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Head injury , Driving ,( just riding in a vehicle ) going over Mountains are not a GOOD mix.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    See, but what you don't understand is that they wanted lextec to leave me in Tucumcari, NM in over 100 degree heat with no ride to anywhere, and no taxi for over 100 miles. We had to fight to just let me RIDE in the truck. After we got to LA, we went to the doctor, and by the time I was forced on the plane, it wat over a week since I hit my head. Average healing time 2 - 4 weeks. And, again, we only wanted me to ride in the truck. That is my point. We have a rider policy, but Central's screwy stupid policuy that they break when it suits them is that anyone in a truck who possesses a CDL must be capable of driving, and if not (for whatever reason) might as well thumb it to where they need to go. Again, you tell me how a person with a cast on their foot can realistically drive, and if they can't why on God's green Earth are they allowed to stay in a truck, but I can't??? Tuesday will be 12 days from when my head got hit. Again, I have no doubt I will be released at that point. I am costing their insurance more. I really could care less, I HATE being away from my hubby and now stuff I need is in one of two trucks, and I am at home, so this really sucks. Sorry for fussing, I just don't want anyone thinking I was trying to drive out of LA. Truth be told, it was because I knew I wasn't feeling right that the truck was stopped in Tucumcari. I get enough migraines that I know when to listen and when to push, and I was not going to push any further. I only wanted to be with my hubby. If the doctor was open today, I would probably be cleared today, but....

Anyway, hope all of you stay safe on Independence Day.

4. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I hope you are feeling better soon Mama Mia.
    Yes, the drive back to CA will suck. I hate driving a long way without being paid for it lol.
    But you will be ok, and you will be back in the truck soon.
    Have a good 4th everyone.

5. Big Rigg

Big Rigg Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Corona, CA
    That is nice to hear. I think for the first month will let it sit my nieghbors are going to look out for it and collect the mail for me. After that will try to rent it out. This way it will give me time to find someone that is decent and dependable. I was thinking of the dollor store for food too so will see if I have to take a bus to meet my trainer or if I just have to drive to the yard (only 10 min away). Hope everyone is having a safe 4th and a good one wherever you are.

6. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    Thanks chrome. Lextec is soloing it from cali. It just sucks that the force of a flight cost me healing.

7. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA

Big Rigg- I am a real estate broker and I do a lot of property management. I would sugest you talk to your park management as see if tenants are even allowed. Up here in WA it is a huge legal issue and 90% of the parks only allow owner occupied homes. Also depending on the area (I'm not sure how Corona, CA is as far as crime) you might be better off letting someone stay in your home and pay utilities, and in WA space rent is a utility, this way because they are not paying rent they are not tenats and you can bypass the whole landlord tenant issue. In this case they would be a roommate, and because you live in the home you are not held to a lot o the rules (I should mention I am not a lawyer and you should verify all this flys with a CA Real Estate Lawyer).

If the area is nice you should be fine letting it sit. Like it was said before if you have the home paid off all you have is lot rent and utilities. Unless you have fish or other living things I would just flip the main breaker before you leave, this way you will have no power and no water bill.

Although if the area is like where I used to live (Cleveland, OH) get someone to stay in your home even if you have to pay them to do so. I have had friends who went on vacation for a week and came home to a flooded home with no copper in their basement. I don't think you have to worry about the copper, as most MH's use PEX, but people will steal what they can find.

Kind of long winded but I hope it helps

8. Big Rigg

Big Rigg Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Corona, CA
    Thanks for the info PSUMoose. I did check with the park managment and I can rent the mobile home out as long as the new tenanates go through and pass the background check for the park. The park has to approve any one moving in. I will look into the landlord or roommate thing and see if that will help me out to. The park I'm in is nice and secure with very low crime. It is a gated community and there is a security patrol every night so I'm not to worried about stuff like that as much. Just didn't make since for me to have a house sitting empty all month so thought I could rent it out cheap to help me and someone else out at the same time.

9. nomadtrucker

nomadtrucker Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    It's a small world. I live in Redlands, CA. Getting arrangements made to move out of here. My house is being foreclosed and need to try to strike a deal with them. With all of the fees and penalties that they stuck on there I seriously doubt we will come to any resolution that will work for both of us. So plans are underway to move to the wife's house in Buffalo, NY. As far as I am concerned it is totally up to them. If they want to own another house to sell at a loss or allow me to stay with a substantial change in the mortgage payment. The ball is in their court. My credit is destroyed at any rate so I am long past caring.

When are you at school? Maybe I can stop by and say hi. I have to go get a physical and will be close to the terminal.

10. nomadtrucker

nomadtrucker Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I know how you feel being away from your hubby. I see my wife about 3-4 days per month but we talk on the phone daily, at least once, usually more so when I arrive home it seems like I never really left. She is very descriptive in what is going on at the house with the animals, neighbors, et al; so while coming home is still a big deal, it's not like it was in "the old days" where drivers didn't have cell phones and only was able to talk when they arrived at a fuel stop with a pay phone.

I hope that the Dr. releases you today with clearance to return, for your sake. Be safe and don't take chances with your head; it's the only one you get.

11. tinobrugioni14

tinobrugioni14 Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Looking into driving soon and this seems to be the best option for a totally new driver with no money for schooling. Me and my father will without a doubt be able to get through the school and driving just a bit curious on a few things. Love the posts by the way lots of information. So about milage,, can you boost mileage by taking any load or not being obligated to go home and willing to drive more or is it more of what ever loads they can give you?? Also we live in los banos can.. a very little #### town near merced ca,, were would the closest loading hub (don't know the technical term) be to us?? I'm just trying to peruse a company that will train me and give me experience and if better opportunity comes I will take it.. but bottom line I think I will make more then the 900 I make now right?? He makes the same on unemployment and its not making the cut. Again very open to be out a month at a time if need be and very motivated to drive as much as humanly possible and response would be greatly appreciated. Just looking into things before I leap.. the names Tino BTW

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.