Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FFL Trucker

FFL Trucker Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Hello all, new guy in the forums and hopefully a future trucker

Well I finally mustered the courage to call Central recruiting today after reading this thread (after finding the old one) about them and they told me they didn't hire out of Florida which I didn't get. Why would it be a problem to hire me from Florida if I'm going to be a trucker and moving around constantly?

Is it because my home time would be in Florida where they don't haul cargo to so they wouldn't be able to get me home? If so, would telling them that it wouldn't be a problem for me since I plan on working 24/7 and living out of the truck or camping when possible fix this?

Or is it because I'd need a physical address in the states where they do work in for tax purposes or whatever?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    They did you a favor.

It's hard to get drivers back home if they live in floriduh........

4. FFL Trucker

Jul 13, 2011
    lol, well I don't think that would be a problem since I wouldn't need the home time and I'd happily live off the truck if they'd let me.

5. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    the rules are the rules and they cant be broken. just ask mama mia. but the main reason they dont hire out of fl is getting you home for home time. a lot goes into fl but a lot does not come out. and the part working 24/7 no thats not gonna happen either there's dot rules to follow like the 70hr rule the 14 qand 11 hr rules the you gotta take 34 hrs off rule where all you do is sit for 34 hrs in a truckstop to reset your hrs not a lot of fun. and being out on the road and never going home will get old real quick. but hey each to their own. wish ya luck with it .i would look into swift they do haul a lot of dry box freight out of fl and it would be a lot easier to get out after hometime with them. and they are centrals sister company.

FFL Trucker Thanks this.
  6. FFL Trucker

Jul 13, 2011
    Oh I know that I can't be driving during all that time, but I can at least be with the truck and I already know from reading this thread and others that they hate it when you ask for home time. I haven't read anything about a rule saying that I have to take home time , but I'm aware that there are a lot of confusing rules in this system. Don't think it would bother me being away from home really as I love camping and reading, unless of course my rest areas would be in the city which would get old fast.

Thanks, I'll give them another call tomorrow and see if I can get another recruiter on the line as I would prefer Central based on what I've read, but I have also considered swift or Stevens.

7. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    theres no rule saying you have to take hometime and stat awat from stephens and cr england

FFL Trucker Thanks this.
  8. FFL Trucker

Jul 13, 2011
    that bad uh? Guess my options are more limited than I thought

9. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    Rules get broken when they want. I am just glad I have finally been cleared, so I can go back on the truck.

Anyway, when we went to school (nearly 2 years ago), they were having an issue with freight in some area (sorry I can't remember where), and a guy in our class used a relative's address. Just a suggestion.

FFL Trucker Thanks this.
  10. Big Rigg

Big Rigg Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Corona, CA
    Yeah Dave understood without any problems and switched me out with no problems. The guy that I was supposed to go out with first was Don forgot his last name startes with a P. I am with Randy Garza now and is going great. We left on the 12th after to overgross from Nestle in Mira Loma. Got to Portland OR this morning and droped off the load. Waiting for a pickup at 1900 going to Idaho. Drove 10 hours on the 12th start driving again after picking up load.

Randy and I get along well and he teaches you as you go and lets you get hands on experience so I like that. He was pleased with my driving ability and could tell I had driven before so let me drive as long as I wasn't tired and still leagal. Learning all the other stuff as we go like the quaqlcomm, paperwork, paperwork and oh yes the paperwork.

11. FFL Trucker

Jul 13, 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion, It'll come in handy if they give me any trouble for not having an address in the states they run cargo through.

Also thanks for posting your story as it gives me and others insight on what to expect. Good to hear that you're back on your truck and doing better with your injury.

mama mia Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.