Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hosss

hosss Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2011
    longview washington
    holy crap!!! this is the longest thread i have seen
    i might go with teams if plan a,b,c and d fall through

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Hello, FFL and welcome to the thread.

There is a reason for the home address rule:

Lots of drivers (not meaning you, but others) get into a truck saying that they don't need or want hometime. Then something comes up and they need to get back for a funeral, sick relative, nieces baptism or whatever.

Now Central has a problem because they can't get you home, and if they do they sure as heck cannot get a load coming back out.

After going through this with several drivers it becomes easier just to say "we don't hire people where we don't run trucks."

Please don't feel this post was aimed at you, its just I've seen it from the other side and I understand why they do it this way.

FFL Trucker Thanks this.
  4. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    well said kid hows things out in colorado?

5. bigrigtruckdriver

bigrigtruckdriver Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Anywhere,US
    Nope not with Central, small company Specialized Express

6. bigrigtruckdriver

Feb 24, 2009
    Anywhere,US
    Picked up a load at Sara Lee in Newbern, TN on the 12th, ran it to Albequrque, NM and another driver repowered it, I'm now taking his load to Rochelle, IL.

I am gonna have to run my behind off, I am supposed to be home Sunday. So I'm gonna get it there Saturday afternoon. Just have 1230 miles to go

7. FFL Trucker

FFL Trucker Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Well I tried calling them again and they pretty much said they don't hire out of Florida again. Yeah thanks for making it clearer for me and no worries as I don't hold it against you or the company seeing as they make the decision out of experience. I do find it peculiar that they assume a drivers family would live in the state that they reside in, but I guess that's just a case of what the majority have proven to be true time and time again. In my case I have family all over the US and even Britain, so it's not much of an issue for me.

I was thinking of trying what mamma mia said, but I wasn't sure of what to tell my family in another state was the reason I needed to use his address for (taxes, post, etc.). Think for now I'll give swift a call and see what they have to say.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the reply

8. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Hey there, 1Bad. I took Josh out to Johnson's Corner and he asked about you. Things are good and I hope you're doing well also!

9. nomadtrucker

nomadtrucker Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I have heard the bull so much about Swift and Central ot isn't funny. the only thing related is that we share drop yards in some places and the guy that owns Central also has ownership in Swift. The money is related and a couple letters in the names and that is it. Geez!!!

10. celticwolf

celticwolf Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Actual the guy who owns swift is the father of the lady who owns Central and momma own Central freight lines... There is no partial ownership anywhere.. We share terminals because we are all owned by the same family..

11. bigrigtruckdriver

Feb 24, 2009
    Anywhere,US
    GRRRRR I'm gonna scream now. Started the day off in Big Springs, NE ran my ### off got to Rochelle, Il with 20 min left on my 14, dropped my load a day early, so I could get a reload there and be home tomorrow night like I planned.

However the only empty they had at Sara Lee, the reefer is dead as a doornail. It is probably a dead battery, but nobody from maintnance is in till the morning, so ended up leaving the turd there, and will have to call the company in the morning for orders. Maybe they can find me a dry load, and I could drop the dud in the yard in Columbus, Oh

I wish Kharma would quit biting me in the behind.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.