Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimBob24

JimBob24 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Cedar Creek, WA
    Yes, your assessment is correct. Nothing has effectively been done to exacerbate this issue, but we continue to haunt these pages.....hmmmm? We all want solutions, but who possesses the true answers? Outside of my personal God-given and strong family re-enforced background, without any incarceration ain't waiting....still pursuing the American Dream. It is not goin to happen unless YOU perform an action. (You is collective, but, My YOU, is YOU alone, so: no apologies for SHOUTING, nor to the Grammar Police, nor to any self-acclaimed, nor Academically proclaimed expert, or professional wordsmith . English is my first, but not my only language)
    Is this whining? WAKE UP!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bustrucker

Bustrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Seattle, Wa
    I've been doing research on Central and have a few questions

I've heard you get trained on a 9speed but at orientation you may be given a 10 speed for your company test - does this happen and is it difficult to transition from a 9 to 10 speed?

Does Central have any qualms with overweight drivers or do anything with bmi tests?

Does the sleeper that you're in have two bunks?

Would it be better to train now or wait until winter is over?

Thanks all

4. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    why do you want for winter to be over last time i looked out the door it was summertime?

5. road runner 9630

road runner 9630 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2010
    9 speed is all they have that I am aware of. They have changed there training trucks to some newer Volvo not the old freightshakers. On weight, I think it is ok if you can pas the work well test. If not sure what that is just read back a ways in this thread. Yes all trucks used for training on the road with trainers have 2 bunks. As for train now or later.. its your call. If you have lived in snow areas like the northern part of the us. You will b ok. If you are from down south I recommend training in the winter so you can have help learning how to handle it. Good luck.

6. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    I was born in colorado and lived there off and on throughout my life, but there is nothing like experiencing the snow and ice in a truck. I highly recommend being in a trainer truck through snow.

robngraves Thanks this.
  7. Bustrucker

Jul 16, 2011
    Seattle, Wa
    Thanks all, I appreciate the info. I've driven 60ft articulated busses in Seattle snows but our storms probably aren't much compared to elsewhere in the country.

8. JimBob24

Apr 27, 2010
    Cedar Creek, WA
    Why do you want to leave bus driving for this?

kryptonite and jjranch Thank this.
  9. Bustrucker

Jul 16, 2011
    Seattle, Wa
    We're under threat of layoffs right now depending on if the public will vote for higher taxes (I doubt there will be a majority vote in favor of higher taxes so layoffs will occur), not making enough to live off of (part time for 3 years now, if I don't get layed off it will be another 3 years or more before I go full time), as well as a few other things. Mainly I love driving and I want to be able to do it and pay the bills so otr is the way to go

JimBob24 Thanks this.
  10. JimBob24

Apr 27, 2010
    Cedar Creek, WA
    It is definitely full time work, but with variable pay. When pro-rated for time invested some times it really sucks. The roller coaster income can also be an issue if you don't manage it well. But hey, the water is warm, jump in, but just look before you leap and please, Learn to swim. BOL:biggrin_25525:

11. tinabell13

tinabell13 Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2011
    pinehurst, nc
    I am new to all this. I was thinking of going with central and would like some advice. There are so many responses on here i dont know where to start. Is central a good company? I am going to start going to trucking school in nc in a couple of weeks and would like to know which company is the best to start off with. I have no intrest in leasing. If i could get some advice i would really like that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.