Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    dont't be suprised if they keep you on the dirty side (east coast). trucking co's are notorious for keeping you away from home so you won't be tempted to go home for awhile when it's not your hometime. that way you stay out and make THEM money.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    What is Centrals avg miles per load? Is it similiar to CRE? Drive Safe

4. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    It depends on how the freight is running and weather or not you are on a dedicated run like craft averages 2600 a week, the loads are different each time.

depending on the location you are at you might have a 300 mile run then a 1600 mile run the next so we just total up the running for the entire week.

5. DanB

DanB Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Moulton,Ia
    Who would be the best one to talk to in rec. Just trying to follow up on an app i filled out this weekend. thx

6. Clovis_Eugene_Mudflap

Clovis_Eugene_Mudflap Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Atlanta, Ga.
    JJ,
    I'm not even a trucker yet. I'm in Atlanta and I'm thinkin bout goin to school but I was fired from my previous job about four years ago. I've been self employed for the last four years, not truck related, and I've heard some bad things about folks who've been fired. I've got no criminal record, great mvr, except for a DUI in 1974, no drugs or drinking or smokin either. good health.
    Do ya think I could get a job if and when I get my CDL?:biggrin_25511:

If anybody else has any info, tell me straight. Cuz I can't trust a recruiter, unfortunately.

7. newtruckerwidow

newtruckerwidow Heavy Load Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Wow Lady we only have two kids and home and bad has only been gone just shy of 3 weeks. And I have never in my life been so excited to get him home tomorrow (even if it is just for 4 1/2 days). God Bless you and what you are doing w/ that many children at home. I may need some advice from you on how to maintain the sanity at home. Keep it between the yellow lines boys! And get home safe to your families!:Straight road::mcool:

8. LadyElite

LadyElite Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2009
    LaFollette, TN
    I don't know many people that have as many kids that I do! I don't really know anyone! lol Everyone seems to think we are nuts. Some of the questions I get often is, are they all yours? Of course they are! I gave birth to them all and they have one daddy! LOL I guess that isn't very common these days. I am only 38 so I consider myself growing right along with them. There is NEVER a dull moment around here. They all are very excited that daddy is coming home this weekend. He should be upgraded by Friday. (I HOPE) I actually ended up spending 4 nights in Conley this weekend. I took the twins and we had a ball. Well, they did tearing down the room. :biggrin_25525:

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
    May God Bless you all and keep you safe always!

9. LadyElite

LadyElite Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2009
    LaFollette, TN
    It was hard when he left for SLC for school. But then he came home for a few days before going out with his trainer and that was harder than when he left the first time. It wasn't as bad when I left him the other day in Conley. But I also know he will be home this weekend (for my birthday)! Sanity at home wellll..not sure about that..lol My main focus with this many kids is having them all together as much as possible. My oldest is in college about 2 hours away. He comes home as often as he can. I totally believe in having supper together. We always eat together not matter what! At the table and no TV. It is a whole lot of noise, everyone talking about what's going on with them. It's one rule I always adhere to. I wouldn't trade one of them. :biggrin_25525: Might send them away for awhile though! LOL

It will all work out!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  10. jjranch

jjranch Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN
    Try and get a hold of Russell in West Valley City, UT he is the head of the recruiting dept. He is some what hard to get a hold of at times so just keep calling until you get him. JJRanch

DanB Thanks this.
  11. jjranch

jjranch Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN
    As long as it wasn't from a trucking Company you should be fine and the fact it was 4 yrs ago.

Just make sure you document all periods of employment and have verification of self employment. be truthful and you will be fine. Just tell them the circumstances behind the incident.

When i went through orientation i had a suspended license when i was 19 and i disclosed it to Central. The reasons people get let go during orientation is, they had a felony, a DUI, tickets and accidents and a lot of them didn't have accurate periods of employment or didn't disclose the info requested so if the only thing you think will hold you back is the fired issue you should be good especially if that was the only time you got fired.

I hope this helps out. If there is anything else you would like to know just ask and i will do my best to answer your questions. JJRanch

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.