Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mountain Spirit

Mountain Spirit Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks for the updates and comments! You guys/gals are a great bunch. It is nice having a thread that is positive. I think attitude is everything, have a bad one and that is what you are going to get!

I am sure I will have more questions, but for now, thanks to all!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    Sorry to hear that Utahhomesick!! I think everyone's blood pressure goes up a little due to the stress over worrying about what its going to read when they take it!

The Meds should help and good luck next time.

4. bullet888

bullet888 Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Salt Lake city,UT
    Well, end of another day. We watched 3 more videos including a harassment one that had some of the worst acting i've ever seen. Payroll came in and explained Trip Paks which had everyones head dizzy and we learned a little bit about the Quallcom. It was going good until I got the call from JJ that he was not going to be my trainer.I did put him down on the trainer request form and thought everything was good to go. JJ called me and told me that I had been seated with another trainer after he spoke with the training department. I was ready to leave tomorrow and now I am hearing Friday. This is going to sound a little harsh and selfish and I apologize beforehand but here goes.
    1. The trainer that I am going with had better train me right. I did not come into this to fail.
    2. If he/she thinks I am just here to drive their truck and make them money, they better think again. The training department manager said today that there are trainers that just use new drivers to get them paid. I will be on the phone faster than a prom dress comes off getting another trainer.
    3. I will watch my mouth but if I am not getting the training I need, I will say something.
    Sorry about the rant. I was really looking forward to training with JJ and he and I already had a loose training plan put together and it kinda upsets me.

techiekate29 Thanks this.
  5. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Bullet sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope you get a decent trainer and please continue to update us on your progress. Congrats on passing.

KH

6. B-rad

B-rad Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Is the maximum BP with Central at 140/90?

7. bullet888

Jun 2, 2009
    Salt Lake city,UT
    That's probably a better question for a recruiter to answer. They may not have an answer either. If you have a history of high blood pressure you may want to go to your own doctor and get it checked and possibly be put on medication.

8. Biggja22

Biggja22 Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Garden City, ID
    I believe that's the number to pass DOT physicals?? I had to be put on meds so I'll have a chance to pass next Monday.

9. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    JJ was disappointed as well!

You have any problems don't hesitate to give JJ a call!

Good luck!

10. rakusa

rakusa Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2005
    Hey Bullet888,
    How many made it to this point?
    Sounds like out of the 33 or so that started your class, 4-5 failed and the rest either background lies eliminated them or change of heart. Also sounds like a dozen or so made it through without failing anything and combined with the few that did fail something but passed on the second try is and should be encouraging to we the next group. Failing a test does not mean the end is near.
    Did the person you feared driving with make it?
    Thanks for your play by play to this part of your journey...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  11. bullet888

Jun 2, 2009
    Salt Lake city,UT
    Out of 36 that started the class, 17 made it. I would have to read my past posts but some left because of the background check, one because he failed the written exam for the permit, a few because of change of heart and I think the rest on the road test.
    Yes, the girl I feared passed. She was in our group and we got put with another trainer and this trainer was exceptional. In about 30 minutes, she was doing really good and just got better the next day with him. The trainers name is Tom. I don't know his last name but he is certified with the state of Utah and administers the road test. Any of you going to Central, Tom is one of the best. All the trainers are good but Tom is a notch above in my opinion.

The Challenger and rakusa Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.