Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    how did you report him without him knowing it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newtruckerwidow

newtruckerwidow Heavy Load Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Savannah, GA

I have to say 1bad did have one month that he didn't clear $700 total. Every week was around 1000 miles. He did much complaining, yelling, cussing and finally his miles did get better. He was just trying to hold to get to the 6month mark so he could apply for the Kraft dedicated. He now is on that. So hopefully things will get better. For those who want to know the difference in any run they give you vs. dedicated. On the Kraft you get no on time delievery bonuses (if your late on 1 load your fired!), no detention pay, no layover pay. Good side of it you go to 40 cpm, min of 2700 -3200 miles per week, out 2 weeks home 2 days, mostly all drop and hooks. We will keep ya'll updated on wether or not they have told us the truth about Kraft runs.
    I will be signing off for a few days at the end of the night. I have had a death and the family and will be leaving for SC as soon as my parents get back from their shortened vacation. :biggrin_2552:

4. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
  5. qwkmouse

qwkmouse Bobtail Member

May 9, 2009
    modesto, ca
    Sometimes I wonder if they are not juggling their loads around...kind of what I used to do when I was in college...pay the light bill one month, then pay the gas bill the next, or whichever one was threatening to cut me off. Maybe they are doing that with their loads. If you complain enough, they give you more, but at the expense of someone else's. While we were on the road together, JRoger, spoke to several drivers at the Connelly terminal, they all were asking each other the same question - how are your miles? Each said that their miles were much lower than when they first started. What I think might be happening, is that the economy is affecting the company's turn over rate. Many are not leaving (which is what they count on) because there isn't much else out there which is why many got into trucking in the first place. So many are staying that wouldn't if the economy was in better shape. More drivers stay, loads have to be distributed among more drivers, and trucks become less available. Just my OPINION.

6. Yogi4

Yogi4 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Carmichaels, Pa
    So why are they still hiring us students?? I talked with a recruiter today and I start on the 27th. Why train us and flood the driving positions. More of us getting trained the less miles for all of us... unless we go l/o or o/o. Then again... I'm just a newbie. But I hate the fact that I'm gonna be coming in there and taking miles away from someone else. This sucks and I haven't even started yet.

7. Brickman81

Brickman81 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thats the way the game is played, its nothing new. Its just that there are a lot more players in the game right now then there are during the good times.

Plus by training you they get money from the GOV. so by training they add to the companies income, but at the drivers expense.

8. Mountain Spirit

Mountain Spirit Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    What are you guys trying for - the 400 page mark. Left this morning and return this eve to 7 pages not read! - Had to spend a few minutes to get caught up. Way to go.

NewTruckWidow - my condolences.

Bullet - way to go! Now others won't have that SOB for a trainer!

Oscar - welcome

newtruckerwidow Thanks this.
  9. newtruckerwidow

newtruckerwidow Heavy Load Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Wow nothing worse than the phone ringing after 11 pm. Some dispatcher named Mark just called and said 1bad has broken down causing a traffic jam but has no phone signal so he can't reach me and didn't want me to worry. When he 1st said he was Mark with Central I just knew something horrible had happened and 1bad couldn't talk to me. OMG my heart dropped to my feet. Last thing I need is more bad news today. After finding out about my uncle I got another call that my brother has a brain tumor and they are doing brain surgery in the morning. What else could possibly happen today. I had been trying to reach 1bad to tell him the latest news and was starting to worry a little that he wasn't answering his phone. I am going to bed soon and hopefully I will wake up tomorrow and this day would of just been one lonnnnnnnnngggggg bad dream!

10. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    Awwwwww Hun things have to get better for you and 1Bad soon!! (Hugs)

11. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Keeping you in thoughts and prayers tho I'm not much on the praying bit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.