Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    APU heats cools and charges the Battery's!

Power inverters do draw a lot from the Batteries, well ours does if I have used cooking appliances!

I have a George Foreman at home but its such a pain to clean in the truck :yes2557: I would like a small propane stove to cook eggs over easy but have this Microwave thing that doesn't work to bad.

Most I run together on the Inverter is the Microwave and coffee maker.

Hey Hunter, Hows your weekend been?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    ok, if somebody could help me out here. i'm reading this webpage for the new HOS rules. either this site is wrong or the rules have been completely modified and i need a refresher course. used to be 10 drive, 12 on duty, and 8 reset. now i understand the 11 drive, 14 on duty. but this thing is saying if you off duty for 5, that's included in the 14. that you have to take a full 10 to be reset for the 11 and 14, is that correct??? it shows some violations to which i can understand. but some of the violations just don't seem right to me. at least in the manner i was taught when i first started driving.

here's the link.
    http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/topics/hos/hos-logbook-examples.htm#_Toc201555000

please don't tell me i need to take a refresher course before i hit the road again. i thought 10 hours sucked sometimes when you driving team and not getting any sleep. but man, 11 is gonna kill me. i hoping to go solo this time, but i not going to go anywhere if i need a nap after 6 hours and have to take a full 10 off duty before i can drive again. specially since i usually only need 5 minutes of zzzz's. and being team sucks.

edit: it's saying 14 hours include ALL off duty time that is less then 10 consecutive hours

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i cccc now. meal and power naps are now considered on duty. what a farce. no wonder you rookies are getting a lot of log violations with your company. logs didn't get easier. they got more complicated. although that was mighty white of them to throw in the 34 hour reset.

5. truckin4alivin

truckin4alivin Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2009
    MN
    Well the 11/14 and 10 hr break was put into effect almost 4 years ago and you havent figured it out yet. It show on you screen that you have 8 years of driving.

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009

it's like this son. just becuase i've been driving for 8 years don't mean i've had to fill out log books for 8 years. so yep, i'm out of the loop on the new regulations. and if i hadn't found this forum. i still wouln't know about the new regs untill i get out there and got schooled by DOT.

7. steelersfan

steelersfan Medium Load Member

May 9, 2009
    BRIDGEWATER, NJ
    And thats a hard lesson to learn from the DOT, LOL

8. Mountain Spirit

Mountain Spirit Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Snowwy -

I will have to find the link again, but try to google it. (Will post it after work tonight if I can find it again.) It is a program that you can set up your driving day how you would like it to be. It draws the lines - if you are not following Dot regs in the pre-plan log, the program tells you.

I was having a huge problem with the 8 and 2 hour sleeper berth combo thingy - while I don't really have it down yet, this program really helped.

There should be an easier way, but get the government involved and its all going to be as clear as mud.

9. FozzyBear

FozzyBear Heavy Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    As I understand it, you have 14 hours to drive UP TO 11 hours. It is not required that you drive that long. After you reach either of those limits, you must take a 10 hour break before you can drive again. You also can only be on duty 70 hours in 8 days. Your daily summary helps keep track of this for you. The 8 and 2 is only if you want to use split sleeper berth to extend your 14 hour clock, I hear a lot of companies don't even want you to use this. It says that if you split your SB time, you have to have one break of at least 2 hours that can be SB or OD and one that is at least 8 hours that must be all SB. The only way to break out of that cycle is to have a full 10 hour break. Personally, I haven't driven more than 10 hours at a stretch, I could go 11 if I need to. Driving solo it makes it easy, you drive however long you want/need to within your 11/14, shut it down, have dinner, post on Truckers Forum, etc, go to bed and sleep for 8 hours, get up and have breakfast. Once 10 hours are gone by, start driving again. That's just the way I see it, from a guy who has been driving for 2 months.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  10. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Jess my weekend is going good. I am starting to walk around the block once a day and exercise in my small apartment. I am waiting to hear my start date from roadmaster. I did find out my aunts place is 10 miles away.

KH

11. Spacecoast

Spacecoast Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Palm Bay, Fl
    Hunter, what sold you on Roadmaster? What are your plans?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.