Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Sent you a pm spacecoast.

KH

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    You have 14hrs total .......you can only drive 11 of the 14hrs.

E-Logs are easy!! But SUCK

snowwy Thanks this.
  4. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    1Bad mentioned last week that no one's heard from me in a while, and that I might not be with Central anymore. Rumors of my disappearance have been greatly exaggerated. The problem is I have a mind like a steel trap: rusty and illegal in many states. So, after seeing the post by Jess about everyone being over here, I forgot to come over and post, so I'd get notifications.

We're still with Central, moved into a shiny new International last week. If you were at the SLC terminal on Tuesday, you probably saw us moving everything from one truck to another out in the new truck bullpen. It took the entire day. 1Bad was kind enough to help us install the CB. Unlike our volvo, this one required the wires to be spliced together, and we lacked teh tools and the knowhow. We could have figured it out, but we would have been without the tools, so 1Bad saved us.

Friday, said brand new International quit on us in Indiana. It started giving us warning beeps, the dials went to 0, and the truck was being slowed. Eventually it forced us to the side of the highway where it died. It won't stay running now. We had to get towed to an International dealer, and since it was Friday, they didn't have time to look at us. so we sit until Monday.

So, we're still here. there's a lot of other stuff going on, but that's the most recent news.

5. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    If you go down to the section labeled trucking regulations, their is a very nice person who has broken it down, charted it and all that. Think you'll office to open some of it tho.

I very rarely drive over 10 hrs myself. Can get 600 miles in in that time even in a governed truck.

6. smadronia

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    And that is so very much the truth. Even as a team, they suck.

7. jess-juju

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    I kept asking JJ have ya seen Smadronia and checking the old thread!

Sounds like the Pro-stars are as bad as the Volvo!

Good that you found us over here!

2 more years and the next company will be a log BOOK company for us.

8. He who is called I am

He who is called I am Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Da U P Eh, Michigan

LOL i hear ya i had an 08 prostar and had a meriad of ecu recalls the truck kept shutting itself off while driving down the road. And those new electronic turbos dont last very long. Mine went out at 26k. But after you work all the bugs out of it, it was a good truck. It just has NO storage space. And for a 73in sleeper it is highly lacking.

9. smadronia

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    We were actually at Central the day he was there. I saw his truck parked outside the alignment shop, but with all the problems we had, I didn't have time to go hunting. 1Bad actually found us, and not the other way around.

I would say the ProStars aren't that bad. From the 2000 miles we put on ours, they seem to pull hills well, have enough power, and are generally decent trucks. And the sleeper is huge! After being stuck in that tiny Volvo for over 2 years, it's a huge change. Co-driver and I woke up the first morning in it, and both went "Man, this is a huge truck."

Ironically, 1Bad called right after we broke down to ask us if we knew anything about his new hunk o' junk, and he told us that someone used to post here who leased an international. JJ something was the handle? Anyway, he had the same problem we just experienced, the beeps indicating an electrical problem, traction control coming on, etc etc, and it took them a while to figure it out. that does not bode well for us.

I'm still giving Ole' Alberta a chance, she hasn't even been broken in yet, so I don't know what she's capable of.

10. jess-juju

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    For all those thinking of Leasing a Pro-star read the last 2 posts, work probably done under warranty but still down time which will cost you $125.00 at the least a day.

Yeah CowboyJJ Leased a Pro-star for a few weeks and it didn't work out for him!!! Have no idea where he is now or even if he is still driving!

Central talk all these new guys into doing the Lease after three months driving and they reallly have no idea what there getting into!!

smadronia Thanks this.
  11. smadronia

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    Thanks for the heads up on the bugs, I appreciate knowing what to expect. our old load planner mentioned that we were going to be in teh shop a bunch the first couple of weeks, turns out he was right.

In regards to your no space comments, I'm guessing you had one of the first ones they got? The new ones that came in over 4th of July weekend have lots of storage, almost as much as our Volvo did.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.