Central Transport International - Warren, Mi.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by daro, Aug 27, 2006.

1. daro

daro Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Central Transport, (JWA) for I have never seen so much damage freight, customer hate this company, for this company will cheat it's drivers and the customers , for this is a sad company to work for, you have to be there 6 years in order to get a 2 week vacation, and there pay scale varies from state to state, no overtime pay, so sick days, and if you pay for anything with your money, it will take 3 months to get it back, (they're making money off the intrest) and when you first start, it takes 3 weeks to get your first check, for I escaped, yes thats right I'm free, so a word to the wise, look elsewhere, for this company sucks the big one

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    If that gets back to enough shippers, then they may not be in business much longer. Shippers tend to prefer that their freight arrives at its intended destination intact.

Now that sucks.

This is normal. Pay scales always vary from state to state, and OTR drivers shouldn't expect overtime pay. They are not entitled to it under federal law.

This is because they must pay every other week as opposed to every week. Again, not out of the ordinary.

4. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

Actually Mack, they pay every week. Yet it still takes at least 3 weeks to get your first check- go figure. Also, while you're definitely correct that OTR/linehaul drivers are paid mileage (no overtime) the amount you sit around waiting is ridiculuos. On an average day my hours would be something like this- report for work at 1900; If I was lucky, a decent truck would be sitting there, otherwise procure truck by 1945-2000; get empty (or loaded trlr) and rollout around 2030-2145; arrive Indy 4.75-5.25 hrs later (from Romulus MI). Sit there till 0330-0400, and then head back -sometimes with the same MT trlr I brought down (because the relay freight from Nashville,KC/St Lou never made it).On a really good day, I might have worked less than a 12 hr shift- typical shift was 14-16 hrs.

5. eighteenwheeler

eighteenwheeler Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2006
    you talking about CT, the company with the yellow Sterling/Freightshaker Rigs/Trailers? I see a ton of them on the road here in OH, and know that they have a big contract with the chevy/ford plants up around cleveland

6. wallbanger

Yep- that's them. They have contracts for them to haul parts from those plants in Mehico up to here. Apparently, if you live in a state that allows highway doubles or triples, you can make some seriously good cash. But they do have serious freight issues- some of it was stacked so badly I knew it would get damaged before I even left the yard.

7. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    This is where the law would be on your side. Drive as far as you can until you reach your 14 hour limit, then call your terminal, tell them you're out of driving hours and you need a ride back. But don't log off duty until you leave your terminal.

Remember, when you run out of hours, you're only disqualified from driving again until you've had your required time off. This way you won't not be able to come in until hours after you're supposed to, and this may soon cause the stupidity to be rectified. Make their poor planning come back to bite them, and you may even finagle yourself a 3-day weekend while you're at it.

8. wallbanger

Mack-I started doing something like that- whatever time I walked out in the morning, I would show up ten hours later. They did not have a problem with this, however, the waiting around for a truck and then a load/MT trailer would still continue. Example- I would head home around 10am, come back to work at 8pm, but I still wouldn't leave the terminal until 10pm some nights. All in all, it was an unsavory experience.

9. buckshot II

buckshot II Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2006

If you would abide by your CDL training you would not leave the yard with a bad load,if dispatch doesnt like it then go to safety manager:smt100 :smt100

10. wallbanger

Believe me, the first time I saw how poorly they would load freight, I went right back inside to talk with dispatch (and the loaders). After I was informed that it would take too long to reload,making the load late to Indy, I replied 'fine', took out my accident camera and began taking pictures of the load. When I was asked what I was doing, I simply replied 'CYA'- and that was that.:wave:

11. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    How would the what the loaders do wrong be your fault? All you're responsible for is the equipment. As long as it weighs legal, and there's nothing wrong with the truck, you should have no problem. If you wind up with damaged freight due to improper loading, that's on somebody else.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.