Central Transport International - Warren, Mi.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by daro, Aug 27, 2006.

1. justcolorado

justcolorado Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Denver Colorado
    I drove as a P & D driver for Central in the Denver area for a bit. LOVED working for them. They treated me like garbage and the money was terrible.... but I really liked my route and customers. No I'm not trying to be funny.... I really did love my job there. Every job is what you make of it. Me..... I like P & D work... I like the physical part of it, meeting deadlines and keeping the customers happy.

It would seem there is a new breed of driver out there today that is "Work Shy" and also I notice a lot of drivers out there really don't have any business behind the wheel. When I get to a stop and there's ( Swift, Knight, Covenant, England, Werner, Prime, Pride, and so many more) in front of me, and then this crew of fat old people jump out of the cab (Like A Clown Car) waving flares and flags and running around the truck making a 5 min back in take upwards of a half hour (Or More ) I realize how the industry is scraping the very bottom of the barrel.

When I drive in the mountains of Colorado and see the boobs behind the wheel of a 80000 lbs truck struggling to go up or down a hill I know we have come to a point where any swinging #### can get behind the wheel.

Too many Mexicans and Russians without driving skill clogging warehouse lots, highways, and city streets.

But I digress!

Central was a great company to work for. Because I chose to make my job fun.... plus I know how to drive.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    heyns57 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. justcolorado

justcolorado Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Denver Colorado
    I think its funny how many folks talk about the loading of trucks. I've worked for many LTL carriers and I can assure you without fear of contradiction...... EVERY carrier does this.... EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!

Remember, your job is to shut your word hole and deliver your freight. Let the P & D guy worry if its smashed to bits.

4. shaneddddd

shaneddddd Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2014
    I work there.. they pay by the load works out to 32cents on my check. With the wait time its about 8 bucks an hour. I was at vitran (loved it) central bought them and I'm on my way out.

5. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    It aint that bad of job...I came up to CT!! So possibly tainted perspective, I dunno...

It is what it is, and it aint changing...doesn't need too
    Its operating very profitably, the morouns don't care, probably don't even consider CT during the course of the week...

Some guys get a decent run, that's all year round..some guys get..(trying to pick non cusswords), hosed? ya hosed will work..

I lurked all the CT threads before I came on, knew ahead of time all the history..Got a ok run, $700 a week net, on the list for a $1100 a week run..

Turns out, we are actually insignificant moving pieces in a management pyramid...Not only the drivers, but the freight are the two most insignificant pieces of the machine!! Its kind of interesting how that is so..

Anyways, I upgraded to CT...so, what say i

6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Gee, if you upgraded to Central Transport, what the hey were you doing before?

7. flatoutgay

flatoutgay Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2014
    Probably worked at steven's.

8. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Alot of us motor city drivers know better than to give these people the time of day ,they have been trying hard to ruin our careers for yrs now ....I'm sure alot of us would love to see this scab outfit go out of business ,it's always the same story with these chumps ,ripping off their customers,their work force and anyone that has dealings with them ,they hate unions with a passion and show anti uion videos and preach anti union ,if you try to call them out on the carpet for anything or stick up for yourself or the safety of others ,they will go out of their way to fire,they play hard politics for far right ...if you decide to get on board with this company ,get ready to jump through alot of hoops ,drive junk equipment,get shorted on your check ,brainwashed,and don't you dare utter the word union....motor city truckers that know these people are viciously trying destroy this industry ,the problem is they are backed by alot of money and polical pull strings ....as a professional driver of 29 yrs here in Detroit where they were born i can say ...I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO STOMACH GIVING THESE PEOPLE SO MUCH AS A PRE TRIP INSPECTION

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    There's no better example of passing the buck then any LTL company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.