Central?

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by newroady, Dec 31, 2007.

1. newroady

newroady Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2007
    columbia sc
    I have been excepted with central and will be going to birmingham for training. Has anyone been here for the training? thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Preacherman

Preacherman Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Moberly, Missouri
    From what I've read on the forums they have the usual BS that you gotta put up with from most companies that accept new drivers. However, no matter what the report, I have always heard that they are a good company to start out with.

4. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    From what I'm told,There one of the best Reefer outfits.

5. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

Nice trucks mostly--stay away from the small volvo engine...POS
    Cant seem to get the shop to fix a truck in a normal time...easy stuff takes days, hard stuff goes to dealer

6. skullitor

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    I was told Central maybe going back to Freightliner.

7. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    What Central's changing to varies from week to week. In November, the buzz was we were going to all new Petes. Then Kurt in SLC said they were looking into Freights and Internationals. We won't really know until they start getting the trucks in. I know there's a Pete parked outside the SLC office as one of the display trucks, and on the qualcomm there's an o/o macro asking if you'd prefer a KW or Pete, but that's about all I've seen.

I'm in a company Volvo that's less than a year old, I like it so far, so I'm hoping they don't drag me out of it and into something else. How long they stay with Volvo is anyone's guess though. I've heard a lot of our problems come from being governed where we are, but as I'm not a mechanic, I don't know how true it is.

8. Preacherman

Preacherman Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Moberly, Missouri
    I seriously doubt that we will be going to freights as we have already had legal issues with them. For O/O it will be Pete 379's there is a nice shiny new one in front of the SLC offices. For company, I don't know what they are going to do. I have heard Freights but I seriously doubt it as I have said. Frankly, I wouldn't mind it staying at Volvo's if they improved the jake brakes. I just upgraded and got the 670 with the Cummins in it. I'm pretty happy with it.

9. sanityfree

sanityfree Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Sleeper, Volvo
    I've been trying to find out, what's the difference between a 670 and a 780? My trainer at USX had a 780, and I think I was kinda spoiled by it...

10. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

670 is smaller Volvo used by Central Refrig as a solo truck..way to small for team use. 780 is team sized Volvo not used as a team truck by CRS..
    Both good trucks but the insides are different sizes...

11. skullitor

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    The VNL-670 only has a 61 inch sleeper.The VNL-780 has a 77 inch sleeper.
    The 670 is very cramped in the sleeper,Barely enough room to stand and dress / undress without bumping the bed.But is a very good truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.