Certificate of Insurance questions

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by thecubantrucker, Jun 16, 2019.

1. thecubantrucker

thecubantrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2019
    Ok guys I will be an owner operator pretty soon already waiting on fmcsa to activate mc in order to get plates now I know the setup packages do indeed ask for certificate of insurance do I usually call my insurance broker and request those all the time or is there a generic one that insurance will provide me ??

2. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Some places will accept a generic certificate, others require them to be added and named on the certificate. For that, your agent can handle it.

Bakerman Thanks this.
  3. thecubantrucker

thecubantrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2019
    Oh ok thank you for your input now my agent can provide me with a generic certificate for me to use unless obviously the broker wants me to add them

4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    99.9 % of the time, your insurance agent will not only have to provide the broker with it, but automatically update them every year. You will want a good agent, that will work fast at times.

Bakerman Thanks this.
  5. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Yep, good info there from everyone. And some companies will want to be the ones to request it as well.

6. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Always request from the insurance company because no carrier would ever send a fake one that was up for cancelation/cargo.

• Draft saved Draft deleted